CIV4 Map of Planet Mars (v1.22b)

Wow! This is unbelieveably cool. Thanks!

Heh, I'd enjoy KSR's books otherwise, but I have trouble following his extremely long-winded characters. Off topic aside, I will definitely try this out... and those other planet maps as well.

Idea for an alternative version for this map would be contemporary treatment of Lowellian Mars seen in some RPGs. That is, take the real topography, mellow it a bit and then add canals (rivers).

Kissamies said:
Heh, I'd enjoy KSR's books otherwise, but I have trouble following his extremely long-winded characters. Off topic aside, I will definitely try this out... and those other planet maps as well.

Idea for an alternative version for this map would be contemporary treatment of Lowellian Mars seen in some RPGs. That is, take the real topography, mellow it a bit and then add canals (rivers).

i have to agree about his *yawn* characters. but the revolutions on mars were just too cool.

a lowellian mars, smacking of boroughs, would be cool, but the community would need a good map by lowell.

version 1.61. Is it not compatible? Bascially, what happens is that I enter the map and it already told me I lost, like the starting units aren't even there.

Was fairly interesting.. and seeing maps of other planets that have been terreformed gives me ideas on python events that occur post space race <removing space race from victory condition> with the only advantage to winign the space race is like say 5 turns on new planet before the rest start showing up one civ at a time based on their score...anyway is a good map vey interestign and fun to play

well, lets see, this is a vanilla civ4 map, you will probly have to change the name to Mars.Civ4WarlordsWBS from the .Civ4WorldBuilderSave. this will cause it to work in civ4 warlords. (im assuming thats the problem?)

well, lets see, this is a vanilla civ4 map, you will probly have to change the name to Mars.Civ4WarlordsWBS from the .Civ4WorldBuilderSave. this will cause it to work in civ4 warlords. (im assuming thats the problem?)

But it's name doesn't contain the phrase "WorldBuilderSave." It's just called MARS1.22b

go to tools, folder options (in windows) in the folder you have it in. go to the middle tab, find in it's list (hide extensions for file types) and TURN IT OFF!!!
then hit "apply to all folders" then okay. now you should be able to see it and rename it.

this is the lamest excuse for an operating system BILL MUTHAFUKING GATES!:mad:

go to tools, folder options (in windows) in the folder you have it in. go to the middle tab, find in it's list (hide extensions for file types) and TURN IT OFF!!!
then hit "apply to all folders" then okay. now you should be able to see it and rename it.

this is the lamest excuse for an operating system BILL MUTHAFUKING GATES!:mad:

Do you mean the C folder called Windows? I can't see anything called "tools" there.

If you want a truly unique gaming experience, have a go at creating Percival Lowell's Mars -- where the entire planet is a wasteland, but for a network of low-lying, riverine canals, criss-crossing the planet's surface.

I made several such maps for Civ3. Great fun exploring them. Sending my ships up and down the canals searching out other civilizations nestled in the great green valleys.

I dreamed of making a Mod based on Lowell and H.G. Well's, where Victory is achieved not by building a ship to travel to Alpha Centrai, but by building an Invasion Fleet to attack Earth. :) Unfortunately, I could never have the time to devote to such a project.

no in the menu bar of any folder (at the top)

Okay, I found the option and turned it off. Now where do I rename the file. Can I do it in "Edit File Type?"

If so, how?

If not, where do I edit it, and how do I do it?

Top Bottom