Civ4 Stories&Tales Central

SouthernKing

crickety cricket
This thread is the central thread of this forum. This thread will allow you guys. to go to a particular story or AAR without having to root through all of the forum's pages. (yes there is already the sticky'd thread at the top, but that hasn't had a post since December and the creator is nowhere to be found. (aka: i didn't search :mischief:)

You can also have OT discussions or advertise stories for other games or forum games, but they wont be put on this post.

Anyway, if you are planning to start up a new story, announce it here!

IF YOU ARE NEW HERE:

Welcome to the Civ4 Stories and Tales Forum! This forum has, well, lots of stories and tales about Civ4.

We also have plenty of interactive AARs (basically an interactive story that you can take part in) that you can join. So once again, welcome!

Our Chatango Page

CURRENTLY ACTIVE THREADS:

The Journey of a Thousand Fails begins with a Single Deity Game by Copaczin: A player who normally plays on Noble and Prince attempts to play Deity. His attempt is here.

The Celestial Bureaucracy by Tomorrow's Dawn: Played as the Chinese on the GiantEarthMap, a story with actual characters. One of my personal favorite stories.

Pharaohs, Lords of the Sun by Jusos: Another Jusos story, this one will be about the Egyptians in RFC:Marathon.

Wars of the Gods by Gruekiller: A narrative story played as Carthage. A must-read story.

Civ4 Realpolitik France by Tambien: A new Realpolitik game, forumers form political parties then vote who controls the country. The leaders then decide what happens in-game. This one is played as France on a standard RFC (join teh Yoshiegg Party :D)

6050 Years in the Life of a Confused City-State by General Olaf: Played as the city state of Wellitawadam DC, written in a comedic style.

The New Divine Intervention 2: Brennus Sacred Grove by General Olaf. Olaf plays 50 turns, then a group of readers world builder the game to make life difficult for the player.

The Mole: S&T's First Game Show! by Yoshiegg:It is too complicated to explain here, click on the link

MOARCAT vs. Hoplitejoe, The Complete Story by hoplitejoe: A story featuring hoplitejoe and an S&T meme, the MOARCAT. Being played on ROM: AND as Brazil, the actual story has not started as of July 2.

The Norsemen: A Story of the Vikings by Trexeric: Played as the Vikings on RFC.

Realpolitik: The Crusaders by SouthernKing: A Realpolitik that is played as the Kingdom of Jerusalem on the Sword of Islam mod. Currently has not even started and has completely become a massive holy war.

God Save the King by mbkkbm : Played as England on 18 civs world on Vanilla Civ4.

40 Civs: Destriction of History 2 by Yoshiegg: Played as Greece on RFC: DOC, the goal is to massively screw up history. A sequel to DOH 1.

Glorious Civilizations: Empires by Warrior459

Rhye's and Fall Challenge - Australia! by Mosher

Glory to Greece: All Trade Leads to Athens by Dhoomstriker: Comedic story, about the Greeks and the Decepticons, and the awesome Super SouthernKing :D

Role Playing Glorious Civilizations #2: Augustus Caesar of Rome by Warrior459

Imperial Charlemagne: Empire of the World by Shades of Gray

UNCERTAIN STATUS/ON HIATUS:

Le Blob in Civ by Civ'ed: Played as the French (look at the thread for why is it called "le blob") with the Powers That Be mod. Civ'ed has announced that this is on hiatus.

Princes of the Universe part 1 part 2 by Sisutil: Probably the greatest, most epic, most awesome Civ story ever written, this story has actual characters and is the rise of Rome and its immortal rulers. But there hasnt been an update since...June 28, 2009. :cry:

The Norse Presidency by Mechaerik: Played as the Vikings/Norse on a modified version of RevolutionDCM, this is written from the point of view of being the president of the country. Mech had the next part written, but then his computer crashed. He has said he'll finish it eventually.

Empire of the North by Your Lord and Master Who You Should Bow Down and Pay Tribute To SouthernKing: Played as the Norse/:viking: on RFC Europe. I dont know what else to say about my own thread, so you should go look at it :D Currently on hiatus, awaiting reboot later this summer.

40 Civs: Choose Your Own Adventure by Yoshiegg: I bet y'all are not surprised at all to see this here :D :p As of July 3, still On Hiatus.

Alexander: A Comedic Tale by NinjaCow: Exactly what the title says. As of July 3, On hiatus due to lack of updates. And NinjaCow locked the thread due to spam.

Zombie Defense part 1 part 2 by Yoshiegg and hoplitejoe: An interactive AAR (CURRENTLY FULL) started by Yoshi but given to hoplitejoe due to lack of time. As of July 28, I have no clue what happened to this.

PLANNED FUTURE THREADS

Krug's Venice Run by Krug: A Venice run in RFC Europe was announced as the winner of a popular vote to decide Krug's next story, but Krug started Rollin' and Trollin': The KoJ first. When this will start is as of yet undecided.

Feud AAR byIlduce: Announced by Ilduce, will start in the fall sometime.

Here is a board rankings page for this forum. You might want to take a look.

Check out eduhum's Index of Finished Civ4 Stories for more finished stories.

RECENTLY FINISHED STORIES

OLD STORIES THAT DESERVE MENTION:

The Peoples of the Persian Plain by Danger Bird: A great story detailing the rise of the Persians in RFC Rand. A great story written in a realistic historical style.

40 Civilizations: The Quest For Power by Yoshiegg: Yoshi's first story, played as Greece on a small map with 40 civilizations total, which is how the series got its name. A good story to read if you are ever bored.

3000 Years of Rome by AOS9001: A detail of the rise of Rome in RFC. Another good story.

Eurasia in War by Ilu: A story of a massive war, with many maps and realistic war reports. A great story.

Cahokia: Dawn of a Civilization by Gruekiller: A great story about the rise of the Native Americans from a tribe to the dominant world power. Great story.

Realpolitik CIV by Lighthearter: An AAR that involves forumers forming political parties, voting on positions, and then deciding what to do in-game. This was the original, played as the British on an Earth18Civs map. Although this is dead, there have been many spin-offs and reincarnations, including Realpolitik 2: Dark Storm Rising over at the Civ5 Forum (join teh Talon Company! :D) as well as Tambien's Realpolitik France (see above post, join teh Yoshiegg Party! :D)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS:

June 3: The SK Rule goes into effect. Yoshiegg737 becomes Judge of Excuses.

thanks for including my story :D
have you pm'ed a mod to get this stickied?

A updated one. Very good.

thanks for including my story :D
have you pm'ed a mod to get this stickied?

That would probably be a good idea. As for your story, it was just the first I clicked on. All the others will be posted here too, but it is still under construction. :hammer:

Plans (Will update as I make more):

Ok, there is a 10% chance I will start this Friday. It depends on whether or not I get to play test tomorrow (I have never played a ROM game, and I want to play at least one before gming a game revolving around ROM). If I am unable to, then I will do so next week and start the following Friday.

Hiatus??? Me??? It's only been two weeks :D

Actually...that is quite long. But I get a free week for being on vacation :D

I also have old stories to recommend:

1. PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSE!!!
2. My first story (Quest for Power) :D

...that's all I know :D

Princes should go in On Hiatus. Sisiutil has stated he's going to come back to it at some point, but he has been writing a book. It's not an old story yet. Also, you'll want to have links to both parts, of course. The old DI threads could be put in Old Threads though.

I am announcing a story - being Le Blob in Civ. It will be a France game in the The Powers that Be mod (on settler *shame*), it will be history book and the conquest victory is the only one available. In fact I'll start today.
Edit: C'est here!

Ok, there is a 10% chance I will start this Friday. It depends on whether or not I get to play test tomorrow (I have never played a ROM game, and I want to play at least one before gming a game revolving around ROM). If I am unable to, then I will do so next week and start the following Friday.

I only play ROM (AND)/C2C whenever I am very patient with my computer. If I don't lower my resolution (widescreen+high graphics quality works for everything else) then the game has serious slowdowns and crashes around the time I reach the mid-Industrial era. Even if I lower the graphics, it is still slow in the late game. It is still a great mod, so I play it anyways.

Mine? It's active too,

If you check out my signature, the first two stories (Egypt and Aztec) are finished whilst the third is still unfinished, although I'm getting round to posting an update soon. Hopefully they can go on the list :D

Thank you for including my story.

However, I should point out that the title is misspelled.

It should be "The Celestial Bureaucracy"

Top Bottom