CIV4EraInfos.xml Question

Officer Reene

It hates you all
I am unsure exactly what this does...

I know that if you pick the era at the start of the game.. it uses this info to base/mulitply some related info...

What I want to know does this info only affect the start of the game... or does it affect the whole game...

ex. You start the game in the Ancient Era...

You progress to the Modern Era...

does the Modern Era base off the information in CIV4EraInfo.xml (when you advance to the next era)

or does the CIV4EraInfos.xml only effect the game's starting position?

ex. You pick Industrial Era at the start of the game so it uses the CIV4EraInfo.xml for the base start of this era... but when you advance to new time periods... it does not refer to the xml file to update the info in your game....

or does it refer to both the start of game and the advancing to newer time periods... updates as you progress? :confused:

any help would be greatly appreciated! :goodjob:

Some are used only on load, some are active you go through the eras. For example I've used the no barbarians units and cities to enable/disable barbarians in certain eras. And obviously the soundtrack is defined by the eras.

Kael said:
Some are used only on load, some are active you go through the eras. For example I've used the no barbarians units and cities to enable/disable barbarians in certain eras. And obviously the soundtrack is defined by the eras.

What about the research/construct/build/improvement/GP/Growth/Culture percent?

do they apply when you enter into the new era... or does that only apply to starting eras?

Sorry for reviving an old question and my apologies if this is frowned upon, but my question is in the same area.

If I understand the answer of Kael correctly, Civ4EraInfos.xml only apply to games that start in that era. So if I start in Ancient and move to Classic, it wont look in Civ4EraInfos.xml for any changes that I apply there?

If so, is there a way, besides manually altering the tech costs in Civ4TechInfos.xml, to make techs more expensive per ERA?

Again, if this is frowned up, my apologies and I will post a new question.

So, after a good nights sleep, I actually realized, I can pull out my own finger and test. Unfortunately, Civ4EraInfos.xml does not apply when you start in Ancient and want to make Classic and onwards techs more expensive :(

Top Bottom