Civ5 Confirmed Features and Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive heard the contrary but can anyone confirm/deny whether the physical copy of the game will have the manual or not?

Could someone please confirm that chopping does not provide the one-time production bonus we're used to in Civ4, and that slavery/pop-rushing is gone as well? I could not find any definite answer to this elsewhere.

Could someone please confirm that chopping does not provide the one-time production bonus we're used to in Civ4, and that slavery/pop-rushing is gone as well? I could not find any definite answer to this elsewhere.
I can confirm that there's nothing in the manual about a one-time production yield from chopping forest. (that doesn't 100% confirm to me that it's not there, but likely).

It's been confirmed before that slavery/pop-rushing of a building is gone indeed. You can only rush a building or unit with gold, and you can only buy it completely. You cannot rush-buy it halfway.

I can confirm that there's nothing in the manual about a one-time production yield from chopping forest. (that doesn't 100% confirm to me that it's not there, but likely).

It's been confirmed before that slavery/pop-rushing of a building is gone indeed. You can only rush a building or unit with gold, and you can only buy it completely. You cannot rush-buy it halfway.

...No slavery based whipping?
but... but... Monty. ...Monty! What will we do! Oh god nobody tell Monty this!

Babylon doesn't make sense as that was the Deluxe promo. I'd say Mongolia as that was mentioned in some early press releases but is not in the final list.

updated every thing i could find in the manual bar the units

why? this one at least is accurate :mischief:

Is the manual not accurate then? I just find that this was more of a hype thread collecting single pieces of information from various sources. Now that everything has been officially published there's no need for this thread anymore. Wouldn't you find it a bit strange to still find a "Civ2 Confirmed Features" thread from the top of the Civ2 forum?

Is the manual not accurate then?

may I suggest looking at this thread ;)

Frankly, of course its going to cease usefullness at some time in the future - but as long as the official manual is all there is and is in an alpha-stage (to be polite) I regard this thread to be quite necessary and 2K should be thankful that not everyone is dropping the ball on this :mischief:

may I suggest looking at this thread ;)

Frankly, of course its going to cease usefullness at some time in the future - but as long as the official manual is all there is and is in an alpha-stage (to be polite) I regard this thread to be quite necessary and 2K should be thankful that not everyone is dropping the ball on this :mischief:

Well, obviously the correct course of action here would be to stickify the manual errata thread and to un-stick this one. Also, the official manual and this thread are not all there is: there's also the Civilization Wiki.

Frankly, I have always wondered how these discussion forums are used to store important information. That's simply not what a discussion forum has been designed for. The information is difficult to search, navigate around and access. It's not cross-linked with related topics and it's cluttered with random comments that add no value. The wiki is a perfect medium for storing and organizing information.

Just as a point of info ... I pre-loaded the deluxe (bought at D2D, which as some predicted was a key to get it from Steam) last night ... a 4.5 GB download, which for users of cell phone broadband cards, is a 3 to 4 hour enterprise and [warning: US specific reference coming up] will burn up most of your 5G monthly limit (unless you have Sprint 4G that actually runs at 4G speeds where you are at, which will be faster and has no limit).

Going much over the 5G limit is a frighteningly expensive proposition, so this is an issue not to be ignored.

dV

I don't see this, but according to wikipedia:
Two civilizations at peace can form a research pact, which for an initial investment of gold will provide both with a random unknown technology after 20 turns as long as they remain at peace. However, it is possible for a civilization to sign a research agreement for the sole purpose of getting an enemy to spend money which could be used for other purposes; AI civilizations are programmed to sometimes use this tactic before declaring war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom