Civ5 on touch screen ultra book

SK138

Warlord
I am looking at getting a new laptop. My current laptop runs Civ5 okay, it is a few years old but has a dedicated graphics card which is probably the only reason it runs at all. I normally play on my desktop.

I have been researching some of the new touchscreen laptops like the Lenovo Yoga or the ASUS Zenbooks. They have 3rd Generation I5's with Intel HD4000 graphics. I've done some research that says Civ5 is barely playable on these, however, with the recent touchscreen update, I read that Civ5 has been optimized for the 3rd Gen's. Has anyone tried this out yet and what do you think about the performance?

I don't have an answer to your question, However another thing you may want to consider is an app that allows your desktop to to stream onto a tablet. The following one has Civ 5 "controls" built in, but I haven't actually tested it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.splashtop.remote.pad.thd (or Apple store equivalent)

Since for this your Desktop is still doing the processing, you'd need wifi on, etc, but it could be a cheap alternative if you already have a tablet.

I tried it out and the speed of the input was fast, I just had trouble getting it to register clicks. I think the nexus 7 might be a bit too small. It would probably be decent on a nexus 10.

Has anyone tested it with a windows 8 ultra book? Also, I wonder if there is a way to stream my PC to my laptop to play the game.

I tried it out and the speed of the input was fast, I just had trouble getting it to register clicks. I think the nexus 7 might be a bit too small. It would probably be decent on a nexus 10.

Has anyone tested it with a windows 8 ultra book? Also, I wonder if there is a way to stream my PC to my laptop to play the game.

With regards to streaming to your laptop, you would need an excellent connection for that to be possible.

With regards to streaming to your laptop, you would need an excellent connection for that to be possible.

If he can stream to his Nexus 7, it should be pretty much the same for an laptop in terms of bandwidth no?

Thanks for testing it, sorry it didn't work out. As for streaming to a laptop I think it would have potential. With a game like this you don't really need a lot of bandwidth because the only issue you would have streaming is input lag, if any lag. Input lag isn't really an issue unless your playing MP.

I don't know how to set it up myself, but at work we use PCoIP to remote into our servers and the speeds are great (transfer rates up to a Gb). There is the Windows default Remote desktop app/ connections in Control Panel. I haven't had much experience with it, but technically you have the capability already.

Top Bottom