Civ5 War Academy Competition: Winners

Camikaze

Administrator
Administrator

The Civ5 War Academy Competition closed a few days ago, and now it's time to announce the winners. We'd firstly like to thank all those that have participated and are continuing to participate in the development of the War Academy. We've got 36 articles in the draft stage at the moment, and hope to have as many of them as possible ready for public display when the War Academy opens to the public.

• First prize in the draw- Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition + 1 Civilization DLC- zyx
  • Second prize in the draw- 1 Civilization DLC- Veneke
  • The user who writes the most articles- Civilization V: Explorer's Map Pack + 2 Civilization DLC- Veneke (for 3 articles)
  • The user who writes the best article- 2 Civilization DLC- MadDjinn (for his excellent 'Basic Guide to Social Policies' article)
  • The user who writes the second most articles- 1 Civilization DLC- baswow (for 3 articles)
  • The user who writes the third most articles- 1 Civilization DLC- MadDjinn (for 2 articles)

vexing actually wrote the most articles (4), but graciously decided to forgo the prizes, as he already has all the DLC. Note also that Veneke won over baswow due to the stages of completion their respective articles were at. Similarly, there were multiple users who drafted 2 articles, but MadDjinn won based on quality.

Again, thank you to all the participants of the competition and of the construction of the War Academy more generally, and we hope you're looking forward to its opening next week. :)

Congratulations to all the winners! Also, thanks for taking the time to write those articles. I'm excited about reading them when they're released to the public.

hehe... thanks vexing :D

Even though I also have all the DLC, I'll be finding a good home for them soon.

thanks to everyone who contributed. Though, there's still more to write, so keep on contributing!

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who contributed. People's insightful comments and articles on the Civ series are some of the main reasons that I've played the game since 1991. Many of us don't just play Civ, we also think about it and we share our thoughts to the betterment of us all. I'm nowhere near the level of insight and ability of our article writers but I do try to contribute my modest insights in the comments.

My hat is off to all who contributed and to those who contribute in the future.

Is there a link to the articles? Maybe it's staring me in the face, but I'm not finding it.

:)

Big thanks to Camikaze and all the writters! This game have just elevated to a better level! :goodjob:

With all those excellent players contributing it'll be an amazing database for ure. Great job :thumbsup:

Yes, we're hoping to have the War Academy open to the public on the 19th (if all goes to plan). Just in time for the one year anniversary of the game!

Top Bottom