Civ6 DLC: New Frontier bugg - can’t even start game (PC, Win 10)

Actually it became a lot worse; now I cannot connect to Steam at all anymore.
Everything else is working, running Blizzard Games as well as other internet requiring games.

Did reboot router, several computer restarts, scans, turning off Virus protection, restore windows etc, no difference.
Help wanted!
Have you tried re-installling Steam?

I´ll try that, thx for the tip.

Edit: Reinstalling Steam made no difference, still cannot connect/log in. Time to clean my HD´s and a fresh copy of Windows.

Last edited:
So before cleaning my HD´s and re-installing a fresh copy of Windows I wanted to try one more thing.
I managed to uninstall Steam; I had to not double click but rather mark Steam and click "adjust/remove" in the control panel for some reason but it worked.

After that I removed every trace of Steam and Steam games, both from C (>Program folder as well as Document/My games) and D and did a clean install of Steam.
Installed Civ6 again and got it to work.

In hindsight I think the error occurred due to having Steam installed on both C and D, with Civ6 being the only game on C, and then reinstalling Civ6 on D without removing those old Steam and Civ files on C.

SOLVED!

Last edited:
Apologies for just joining the forum and immediately asking for advice but given this thread I'd assume this image is somewhat helpful or at least related

So before cleaning my HD´s and re-installing a fresh copy of Windows I wanted to try one more thing.
I managed to uninstall Steam; I had to not double click but rather mark Steam and click "adjust/remove" in the control panel for some reason but it worked.

After that I removed every trace of Steam and Steam games, both from C (>Program folder as well as Document/My games) and D and did a clean install of Steam.
Installed Civ6 again and got it to work.

In hindsight I think the error occurred due to having Steam installed on both C and D, with Civ6 being the only game on C, and then reinstalling Civ6 on D without removing those old Steam and Civ files on C.

SOLVED!
Enjoy!!!

Top Bottom