Civ6 Free to play (Feb 22-26 2024)

I wonder if all these pointless and empty scenarios and offers are there to harass competitors for media space?
Could be...

But IMHO it's all part of a marketing campaing preparing the announcements for CIV 7... It started some 3 months ago with the monthly challenges, then the winter sales, now the Free to play... It's all to get people back to talking about Civ... I'm really expecting some official announcement on CIV 7 before mother's day !

The basic versions of every iteration of regular Civ were all released in October except for the original Sid Meier's Civilization and Civilization V, which were both released in September.
As of this Friday, it is 6 months to September, 7 months to October: near perfect timing for a PreRelease marketing blitz culminating in either month. On the other hand, waiting until May to announce officially gives only 4 months to September, 5 months to October - shorter than the usual PreRelease marketing campaign.

No telling for certain, of course, but I would be very surprised, assuming a 2024 release for Civ VII, if we don't hear some kind of Teaser at least by April - perhaps a Double Fake April Fool's announcement to send us all into spasms of speculation . . .

If it's releasing this fall, they will announce the release window prior to approximately mid-May.

That's when the big Take Two fiscal meeting that lays out their expectations for the 2025* fiscal year is. If Civ 7 is releasing in that fiscal year, it will surely be mentioned.

*April 1st, 2024 - March 31st, 2025

I expect that the marketing campaign would begin within a month of the release date announcement. Marketing campaigns have been trending shorter lately, so it may not kick off in earnest until June.

Top Bottom