CivArmy's Mod: 31 new civis + much more

: Thanks for the reply, so to fix the error, do I just install the ".flc" animation LH files to thier directory in order to fix the error?
:
:
: Going off the subject a little.............

:I have also just finished putting in some missing "civiliopedia" entries eg: "Warrior-Monk" background history as well as the ".pcx" small and large pictures (which seem to have been missed out in the mod itself :confused: ).
:
:
:I will try to finish off those civiliopedia entries which are still missing, like the "Scythians" background history and the other ones (Xiongnu, Comanthyr).
:
:
:Then maybe I could upload a more "Completed" version of Civarmys mod onto the server, to save players from downloading the mod, and finding out that some civliopedia entries, unit pictures .etc: are missing :mischief: .
:
:
:It is however still a great mod :goodjob: , I just want to refine it a bit more.

: Thanks for the reply, so to fix the error, do I just install the ".flc" animation LH files to thier directory in order to fix the error?

Yeb just grab em all and your good man!(thats if he didn't forget any files in that bunch of Leader head files, Im sorry I can't promise but I highly doubt he forgot any )
Going off the subject a little.............

I have also just finished putting in some missing "civiliopedia" entries eg: "Warrior-Monk" background history as well as the ".pcx" small and large pictures (which seem to have been missed out in the mod itself :confused: ).
Awesome Im glad to hear you will contibute your talent. This mod is on my To-play list Ive already downloaded the files. Thats how I know your going to be good. I forgot to grab one of the LH files and guess what? that Civ was the only file missing when I tried your 'Retire' approachThat a good sign

I will try to finish off those civiliopedia entries which are still missing, like the "Scythians" background history and the other ones (Xiongnu, Comanthyr).
I didn't notice those but your killer for doing that man. And Yes I would be needed that if you did finish it. Others will come along after you so uploadin the new Pedia file to your post and bolding a big Link will be appreciated.

Then maybe I could upload a more "Completed" version of Civarmys mod onto the server, to save players from downloading the mod, and finding out that some civliopedia entries, unit pictures .etc: are missing :mischief:
Ya, Pedia is big time important for me .If its not supported I would rather it not be in the game (It has to look out of the box in terms of supporting text)
Thanks for adding to an already great volume of exciting little known Cultures. THese CIvs would never be in the game otherwise so its cool to learn about them through the passages of time

:I am now fully into tweaking the mod, I guess it will be another 2-3 weeks before I can upload it, since thier are some minor and major tweaks in which I will have to fix and change on this mod before its release.
:
:
:Here are some of the changes I am hoping to fix or apply to the mod:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Complete missing civiliopedia entry for the Xiongnu civilization.

2. Complete unfinished civiliopedia and pedia entries for "Warrior Monk" (including unit Icon and historical facts).

3. Include all LH Flics, (which I will have to compress to save server space)

4. Change default terrain to Sn00pys 2.0 terrain art

5.Change barbarian tribe names to a more realistic and historical point of view eg. "Texacans" to "Hebrews".

6. Create civiliopedia entry for South African civilization

7. Edit civilization default colours

8. Create civilization background historical entry for the "Ethiopian Archer"

9. Complete missing civiliopedia entry for Comanthyr civilization (which will be a challenge since this is a fantasy civ :crazyeye: )

10. Include a civliopedia entry for the Scythian civilization, as well as LH info

11. Replace the "Rapanui Civilization" with the Samoan civilization, including: Civiliopedia race entry, LH entry, UU entry, city names and default colours.

Samoan Civilization Info:

Leader: Taiwa Faleatou (an early chieftain from the village of Lepa)

UU (unique unit): Matatoa (not the same unit as the Rapa Nui, just same name ;) ) which uses Kinboats: "Samoan Clubman" animations as well as custom made sounds (made by me :p ).
------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Well thats basically some of the tweaks and changes I will be releasing in the mod, however if I find anything else that needs tweaking or changing (and I am sure I will), I will include it in a .txt file that will be released with the mod, as well as a "credits.txt" which will state the original mod creator, tweaker, terrain desinger etc.

NubianMercenary

PS: I may even release a "Beta" type mod, so when I do release the final version (2.0), it wont be dissapointing to the civers who play it :goodjob: .

:The links you gave me are very helpfull, but I was considering changing the Comanthyr to a more "medevil" historical point of view, since I believe this will better suit their LH and UU.
:
:
:Something similair to the Elven Races on LOTR, a race with a very OLD historical history.
:
:
:Although I do appreciate your reply Spacer One, I dont feel that those certain Elven races you gave links to, would fully match the Comanthyr.

NubianMercenary

: Sorry, for late reply guys, but I am afraid to tell ya that the production on this "fix" has ceased as of yesterday.
:
:
:Which is very sad, cuse I really wanted to finish it and release it soon.......

NubianMercenary

I'm not being lazy, it's just that it's not really very hard to compress it all into one or two zip files, and 30 downloads to play the game fully, in my opinion, is a bit excessive.
I'm not criticizing the mod, I'm sure it's great, but there are a hundred other mods that are faster to download and are of equal quality.

There are only 2 core files to download the game fully. The other files are extra, supplementary files that animate the leaderheads. They were kept separate because some people might have the files already and some might not want the files at all in the first place.

Nice work. I realize the effort that it takes to put a mod together. But your choice of civs, seems like a collection, of groups that never survived. Except you know Canada (Who gave the world Hockey Celine Dion Rush and Bryan Adams), Brazil ( Which gave a rapidly shrinking rain forest and the whole sale decimation of native peoples.. which at least we don't do that anymore here.) But I digress.. There is no country that interest me to play...

Hockey was INVENTED in the United States, BTW. It was perfected in Canada.:)

I'm not being lazy, it's just that it's not really very hard to compress it all into one or two zip files, and 30 downloads to play the game fully, in my opinion, is a bit excessive.
I'm not criticizing the mod, I'm sure it's great, but there are a hundred other mods that are faster to download and are of equal quality.

That would be great of you to do that for us. Since it's not difficult, please compress all into one file and upload here to a post in this thread. Thanks for helping!

You really should also concider changing the Elves Nation to Tir Tairngire or Tír na nÓg...these are both names of Elven nations from Shadowrun...or if you can read it: Tir Na nOg

You know, this is actually a good idea for a mod. I loved playing SR in my younger days and had quite a collection of resource materials. Now if I can just find my modding tools and remember where I put all my books.
Hmnn, Saeder Krupp as a civ with Lofwyr as president. This could be loads of fun.

Top Bottom