civI,II,III

:)civ2

Uber Commie
do u think that civI,II,III was the best?PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY!!!!!

CivIII. Better AI, better handling of unit maintenance and elimination of caravan wonders. ZOC is more realistic now.

I could care less about MP capability, so my only real recommendation is an adjustment for combat with better technology, ala CtP.

Bill

Each was the best in its time. I would say Civ3 overall because as I am normally only concerned with stand alone play issues, I don't miss any MP feature. The major problems I have with Civ3 is the wait time between moves (I used to fly non-stop in Civ2), and the increased cheating in the versions prior to this one. Patch 1.21f has greatly improved the game finally. Civ3 has also developed the game to a point where this Game of Democracy can really be put to good use. Besides, a new face is good every once and a while.

I think civ2, because of the scenarios. After a while, playing the standard game can get a little dull, but when you can play any where, any when and edit the rules and graphics and unit abilities as you see fit, then it's like having 1000 games, not one. Sure, the graphics are better in civ3 and the AI is smater and more complex, but it lacks the element of user control and manipulation of the game environment which made civ2 so re-playable after years and years. Maybe when the civ3 editor comes out I will revisit this, but until then, civ2 is much more fun for longer.

I personaly agree with Almightyjosh i really wish they had put more control in civ 3 and scenarios jeesh none at all

I think there's an AI file (alteast for diplomacy), and you can sort of select how the AI views units in the editor. So, it's semi-hardcoded.

All versions were great. Civ 3 will be even better whenthe expansion pack comes out. Hopefully even that will be outdone by Civ IV. ;0

Top Bottom