Civilisation design

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, yeh alot of people dont like so many races. i personally love ots of civs, it adds huge variety and ensures that you never have the 'same game' twice.

I vote keep the hobgoblins as a separate civ.
the sylvanians could be changed to Vampire Counts, and then have a choice of vampiric leader for diff. vampire types (see the fluff thread for stuff on Vamps)

leave the humans as they are. they are fine.

Poor Siam. just because they are an race of furry humans, they get discriminated against. what if i said that the Amazons reminded me of tarzan, or vampires reminded me of dracula?

Siam definitely adds more variety to the game than having lots of Human civs in there. But such races as Siam or the Hobgoblins will only get into the game when we´re having some decent Units and Art for them, at least that´s what I think - like the civ3 mod style, doing the units and then adding one civ after the other with a new patch.

ok .. you two beat me .. discriminating siam is not nice of me .. and variation is good :)

im only concerned you the overview is troubled .. but releasing new races patch by patch solves that problem ..

im pro-many civs now .. but still i think hobgoblins shouldn't be a race on its own. What to do with the greenskinnies that live near the ogres .. another species?

DutchJunkie said:
ok .. you two beat me .. discriminating siam is not nice of me .. and variation is good :)

im only concerned you the overview is troubled .. but releasing new races patch by patch solves that problem ..

im pro-many civs now .. but still i think hobgoblins shouldn't be a race on its own. What to do with the greenskinnies that live near the ogres .. another species?
the greenskinnies near the ogres ARE the hobgobla-khan. they are the real world equivilent of mongolian hords

Psychic_Llamas said:
the greenskinnies near the ogres ARE the hobgobla-khan. they are the real world equivilent of mongolian hords

The greenskins around the Ogres are the mountaingoblins, called Gnoblars. Hobgoblins live in plains .. indeed like the mongolian horders

Oh those things. they arnt greenskins though. have you seen the painted modles for them?
they are different to Hobgobbos in a few major ways: They live and breath slavery. they do not have a social higherarchy, and are, well, gnoblars.
imagine a snotling civilisation... im sorry i just cant;)

haha .. they certainly don't form a civilization .. they live on the scrapheaps (?) of the Ogres .. who pet and eat them .. they are even smaller than regular goblins .. but anyways .. continue the good work .. and discussions ;)

Aaah!!:eek: Ok guys stop it stop it! We need to focus on the races now that are already in. After the elves and Orcs we'll have to design one after another of those yet.
Please only focus on elves and orcs now(tilea and empire is ok too) but otherwise it's no use talking about that now, really that'S utopiatalk right now and won't serve to realize anything yet. After the next release I'll start a poll what civ to design next(of those already in) after we designed all of those we can have another vote what more to add.

Ploeperpengel said:
Aaah!!:eek: Ok guys stop it stop it! We need to focus on the races now that are already in. After the elves and Orcs we'll have to design one after another of those yet.
Please only focus on elves and orcs now(tilea and empire is ok too) but otherwise it's no use talking about that now, really that'S utopiatalk right now and won't serve to realize anything yet. After the next release I'll start a poll what civ to design next(of those already in) after we designed all of those we can have another vote what more to add.

Way to go :goodjob:

One thought on the on the Barbarian 2 civ (Chaos Barbarians):

We should let them also appear on water tiles - The Kraken!!!

I´d love to see that unit in the game. And maybe we can also make it a water unit for the regular Chaos-Civ.

Duke van Frost said:
One thought on the on the Barbarian 2 civ (Chaos Barbarians):

We should let them also appear on water tiles - The Kraken!!!

I´d love to see that unit in the game. And maybe we can also make it a water unit for the regular Chaos-Civ.
Water Animals(Kraken) are already in the mod;) And Chaos will have it as buildable unit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom