Civilization 5 suddenly starts to crash

eurirusty

Chieftain
Every time I use a mod with civilization 5, it crashes. It works fine in vanilla mode, but not if your using a mod. I have tried everything I could think of to try and correct the issue. Uninstalled game, re-installed game, removed all my mods and reloaded them. Nothing seems to work.

I have but in over 3800 hrs playing Civilization V. Within the past month, MODS just stopped working in the game. I have gone through all of the suggested fixes, but to no avail. I can play a "clean" game without any difficulty. I can also play with R.E.D. Modpack, but that's it. I couldn't explain what was happening. I went to Steam and ran "Determine integrity of game files" it returns an error saying "3 files could not be verifified". I ran that command after the system "locks up" which requires me to Restart my PC. I ran the "Determine intergrity of files" again and everything is ok. Except that I still cannot run CIV 5 with any MODS (except for the one noted above). I am sat a loss as to what to do. Any input would be appreciated.

Are you uninstalling the game through Steam? If not, please do so (Steam ==> Library ==> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 ==> Uninstall and follow the rest of the instructions). Afterwards, make sure that all files in Documents, My Games, Sid Meier's Civilization 5 have been deleted. Then reinstall the game and exactly one of the mods that causes a problem. What happens then?

Are you uninstalling the game through Steam? If not, please do so (Steam ==> Library ==> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 ==> Uninstall and follow the rest of the instructions). Afterwards, make sure that all files in Documents, My Games, Sid Meier's Civilization 5 have been deleted. Then reinstall the game and exactly one of the mods that causes a problem. What happens then?
Well, yes I did uninstall and reinstall., but to no avail. However, I did not delete all file in the Documents, My Games, Sid Meier's Civilization 5. I will follow these instructions to see if that works. Thanks for replying to my message. Even though I play Civ 6 (especially now that the Art Director from 2K made the MOD to change the terrain to make it more like CIV 5, I still like CIV 5.)

Thanks so much. I did what I was told to do and it works now with more than one mod. I haven't a clue how it got that way, but now it is fixed. Thanks again.

Top Bottom