CIVILIZATION 6 – Graphics Mod – Crystal Sharpness Mod

Looks really good! Can you tell us when this mod will be available and where?

Another alternative to get sharper textures, is to simply force Anisotropic Filtering in your driver control panel.
Yeah, really, Firaxis still (as with Civ5) thought it wouldnt be neccessary to include that in their ingame settings, hilariously enough.
Makes a huge difference. In fact, using your sharpening SweetFX with Anisotropic Filtering actually makes it a bit too sharp.

The detail in the terrain is nice and really stands out

But yeah, I actually find the writing really hard to read with this activated :(

The detail in the terrain is nice and really stands out

But yeah, I actually find the writing really hard to read with this activated :(

You can tweak the preset as you like. Try to reduce lumma sharpening into preset file for text visuals. You can change every settings by your wish. Enjoy!

Try to reduce lumma sharpening into preset file for text visuals.

How do I do this specifically ?? I went into the SwFX text doc and changed lumma sharp to "0" from "1" didnt do nothing so I'm pretty sure I just didnt do it right.

I'm new to all this, what file is the lumma settings in??

How do I do this specifically ?? I went into the SwFX text doc and changed lumma sharp to "0" from "1" didnt do nothing so I'm pretty sure I just didnt do it right.

In the sweetfx folder is a file named sweetfx_settings.txt

There you can choose the effects and there settings.

make sure lumasharpen is set to 1.

then scrolldown till you find the lumasharpen settings
Then just change the sharpen value till you find something you like.

TIP:
you can have civilization open and the sweetfx_settings.txt in notepad, as soon as you save the txt file the sweetFX will update itself, so no need to restart the game everytime.

Last edited:
Spoiler :
In the sweetfx folder is a file named sweetfx_settings.txt

There you can choose the effects and there settings.

make sure lumasharpen is set to 1.

then scrolldown till you find the lumasharpen settings
Then just change the sharpen value till you find something you like.

TIP:
you can have civilization open and the sweetfx_settings.txt in notepad, as soon as you save the txt file the sweetFX will update itself, so no need to restart the game everytime.
Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

I'm still getting quite blurry texts :( :( I've followed all the instructions, made sure lumasharpen was 1, and then played around with everything under lumasharpen settings one at a time, and not noticing much change using any of the variables :(

It's definitely running because it's showing up th etop left and the text is nice and clear when I press scroll lock to turn it off!

I'm still getting quite blurry texts :( :( I've followed all the instructions, made sure lumasharpen was 1, and then played around with everything under lumasharpen settings one at a time, and not noticing much change using any of the variables :(

It's definitely running because it's showing up th etop left and the text is nice and clear when I press scroll lock to turn it off!

Why don't you just use your respective video cards control center{AMD or Nvidia} and enable AA and AF to the max? Also never been a fan of Sweetfx, would be willing to try Reshade but not SFX.

Top Bottom