The year 2000, on the Gregorian-adjusted solar calendar, held no true, verifiable eschatological or prophetic significance. Except maybe an averted Microsoft OS calendar/clock bug.
Pray to Microsoft Jesus

Millenarian Excitement is nothing new.
When the year 1000 AD (CE) was coming up, great numbers of people in Europe were convinced that it signaled the Apocalypse, or the Second Coming, or some other cataclysmic event.

All it signaled was that their provincial, local time-keeping system needed to turn over a new century . . .

Most of the studies I've seen mentioned (focused on the French world) have found very little trace in any surviving written records of any such y1k fear - most of what little mentions exist comes up way after the fact, and generally describe what the author describe as, esentially, a fringe idea that they recall hearing some people mention in their youth. There's certainly no mention of upcoming apocalypse, averted apocalypses, nor condemation of heretical belief in apocalypse in any of the papal bulls from that time period.

Moreover, considering the kind of very long terms (multi decades) construction projects that were being initiated in the years leading up to y1K there is good reason to question how widespread the fears really were.You don't get started on a 20-years project to rebuild city walls that god will destroy next year anyway,

Finally one can question to what extent even knowledge of specific dates and years were widespread, even in the lower castes. They certainly appear to have had approximate notions of their age and when they were born.

The belief that it signaled some kind of Major Event was fairly widespread in Scandinavia, which was just converting (or more accurately, Being Converted) to Christianity at the time. That's according to H. G. Bengtsen, a Swedish historian active some decades ago. I don't know what kind of primary evidence he was referencing for that remark. He specifically characterized the belief as being among the newly-converted (first generation) Christians and among the general population rather than the leaders or rulers.

PS. According to Bengtsen, the 'rule of thumb' that developed among the rural population was that since there could be no deaths or births in Heaven, nothing was going to happen unless there was a period in which no animals or people were pregnant, and since that never happened, they stopped worrying.

That's actually really interesting! The fact that it'S among first-generation Christians may lead to some interesting parallel to draw there with the presence of short-term eschatological beliefs among early christians, which as I recall were quite pronounced.

Here is the lowdown:

We are in what the Mayans called "The 6th Earth," that is to say, the sixth time in human history that the world was destroyed and remade due to the recurring cataclysm of the Solar Micronova and Magnetic Pole Reversal that happens roughly every 12,000 years. (Go the Suspicious Observers youtube channel and Magnetic Reversal News) So it is fitting we reached the Pinnacle of Civilization 6.

It also ties in heavily with Religion, since in the Bible mankind was created on day 6, and is the 6th King of the Book of Revelation who "always is," and whose destruction in the coming decades is the 6th seal, and activates the events of Matthew 24 (2+4=6) and the 6th Commandment is do not murder. There is also the perfection of the hexagonal shape, the complete work of Creation on the 6th day, the Saturn Noahs Ark New Jerusalem cube which is our 3D Universe.

Proper translation of Genesis 1 reveals it is not the first creation, but rather creation after destruction. Mankind is made in general on day 6, but that is before Adam and Eve who don't appear until the next chapter. There is in fact a much older text of the 7 days creation myth that comes from James Churchward's translation of the Naacal and Mexican Tablets wherein it was the creation story of the ancient continent Lemuria or Kumari Kandam, wherein the 7 headed serpent creates the world in 7 days. GOD is resting on the 7th day where? The body is the temple of the Lord.

The coming Solar Cataclysm expected in 2036 will bring an end to the 6th world, reshape the entire world map, and restart the next REAL LIFE game of Civilization in the 7th world. So it is not appropriate to make Civilization 7 at this time, but it should be made post cataclysm, assume that enough of us and our technology survive to make it. As found in the recently partially declassified CIA Adam and Eve story by Chan Thomas, we can expect 1000 mile per hour wind and Ice powerful enough to flash freeze a mammoth. Historically, humanity has survived this event by hiding underground, and every culture has the plasma man stick figure drawing that will be visible in the sky.

I am suggesting 2036, as that should be the Solar Maximum of Solar Cycle 26, which will be a perfect correspondence with the 26, the number of GOD (7+15+4) and YHWH. Furthermore, everything important in Bible Prophecy is hidden behind the number 26. Like Daniel 5:26 "GOD has numbered the kingdom and finished it," Or Mt 26:26 "This is my body of the new covenant." Psalm 104:26, 2 Esdras 13:26, Hebrews 9:26, Amos 2:6, and dozens of others.

The number 7 is the de facto Spiritual Number. The name Shiva is a sanskrit word for seven. It is considered God's number, and the holiest number in many Religions, so if they do create Civilization 7, it will have to be heavily involved with Religion.

In that case, I would recommend splitting the Era's into 7 Thunders, as my decoded 7 Thunders, which I unveiled in 2014, reveals. Just put the 26 english letters into groups of 7 and the 7 Thunders are revealed! So that ABCDEFG become 1234567 and so on, to form the secret codes which I uncovered and control!

1 HOVA as in Jehovah - The ancient era
2 BWPI - as in PI the golden ratio - The Classical era of Antiquity
3 QJCX - Q Source Jesus Christ on the Cross - 1AD into the Medieval era.
4 RKYD - Royal Key of David - Renaissance era
5 SELZ or ELSZ - The Industrial era and modern banking
6 MFT (Males, Females, Transgenders,) The mumber of Man. The Modern, and Atomic Era
7 GUN / NUG / GNU - The Information and Future Era

These are the 7 thunders, and the message they form is as follows: Jehovah and Q Source Jesus Christ on the Cross with his Royal Key of David Sells Humanity to the New (GNU) Heavens and the New Earth. This is the little book, the seven seals, the invisible victory and Incantation which I will use to call down the Sun and bring fourth the Apocalyse in 2036, thereby ending the the 6th world and creating the 7 world.

Me, who was born on May 26, at 5:26 AM, the Egyptian Holy Day Receiving of Amen Ra the Sun God, and Christ is called the Amen. The universal constant 137 divides 26 5.26 times. The whole world, neigh, the whole universe hangs upon this number. Lo and Behold, for I am forced to sit in the temple of God and show that I am God, and if I login into the Reality Matrix of God, I can, with this incantation, become the Prophet who transitions the world.

Luckily, I have no desire to do this at this time, and probably not ever. But Revelation 5:5 the Lamb opens the seal when it is slain, so even if I refuse, when I die this whole world is coming down with me! Mark my words... Hebrews 9:26 "Christ can only die ONCE at the END OF THE WORLD." 33 AD was not the end of the world! Romans 3:7 "If the truth of God has abounded through MY LIE, why am I judged a sinner?" Hebrews "Faith is the Substance of things HOPED FOR." Or when Christ said "You have me always even UNTIL the end of the world." You wait for him to return, but he never left to begin with. For Christ is called "IMAGE of the Invisible God MANIFESTED to destroy the works of the Devil." Have the works of the Devil been destroyed? Surely Not! Thus it did not happen yet. He is an IMAGE of DEITY, yet he must come in the flesh. Zechariah 11, Judas turned HIMSELF IN for 30 silver, the Alchemical Metal of the Moon God SIN

For Babylon, the world government, falls in ONE HOUR. That is the LAST HOUR where the spiritual Christ is hung upon the Cross of the Kabalistic Tree of Life. There is darkness for 3 days and a great earthquake during the crucifixion, and the same events are recorded in the 6th seal in Revelation, during which time every mountain will sink away and every island will no longer be found. Surely that hasn't happened yet!

Behold, for I have solved the mystery to unlock the Seals. "The days must be cut short or no flesh will be saved," The Book of Revelation says in the 5th seal all the Christians are to be beheaded, but this is not going to happen, as it will be cut short. Therefore the progression of opening the seals has STOPPED.

In order to finish off the prophecy, we jump ahead to breaking the 7th Seal and solving the Mystery of God. (A detailed topic for another time) Then there is 30 minutes of silence in heaven, and the other 30 is the 30 silver of the Judas, the Son of Destruction who sits in the temple of God showing that he is God and brings forth the day of the Lord. This is the Last Hour.

So we change the 7 Thunders and make them speak out of order

1 Golden (golden calf)
2 Maat (2 the high prietess)
3 Tree (of life)
4 Arch (of builders / freemasons)
8 All
7 Gnu
6 Age

8 SELZ
7 GNU / GUN / NUG
to 6 TFM (humanity)

The Final Prophecy of Nostradamus: "the great she beast, all the world to end. The Mass finally succeeds."
The Return of the Goddess Tiamat, whose name means "water everywhere." Slain by Marduk, the Supreme god of Babylon with 50 names.
The 50 names of Marduk from the Necronomichon, the 50th of which is NIBIRU, and the 50 states of America, which is a corporation.
The Star Spangled Man from ancient Egypt, in that America is Marduk and Reincarnated Egypt and the New Atlantis.
Amaruca, the land of the Serpent, to invoke the 7 headed Serpent who makes the universe with 7 commands to the 4 sacred forces.

SELZ implies that someone must buy all of humanity, so perhaps some rich elitist will pay me.
Imagine that, For Sale: End of the World. Hahaha, are you scared?

Anyways Civilization 7 must NOT be made!

But if you do make it, everything in it would have to revolve around the number 7, and Religion should be more important.
I recommend having a mid to end game avatar who is "The one Religions are waiting for," and has awesome abilities.
I discussed this in a previous thread.
Dude, if your start was that bad, just re-roll.

That's actually really interesting! The fact that it'S among first-generation Christians may lead to some interesting parallel to draw there with the presence of short-term eschatological beliefs among early christians, which as I recall were quite pronounced.
What intrigued me (but not enough to follow up on it - I am By No Means a religious scholar of any kind) is the potential parallel between the End of Time Ragnarok of the pagan Scandinavians and the Apocalyptic Second Coming of the Christians which, to the average Glodwig and Sigfuss following the oxen and plow across the field, would look pretty much the same: you ain't a Valhalla Hero or a Saint, you're pretty much screwed either way, it would seem. I should think it would be very easy to conflate and confuse the two.

I do still remember a Comparative Religion professor at University pointing out that All religions that he knew of had 'borrowings' from other religions, or as he put it: "A pure religion is a mythical beast: they are all a mix of the old and new, borrowed and renewed."

Another strike against a Y1K panic is this: for how many people was it even Y1K?

Anno Domini as a calendar predates Y1K, that much is true. It seem to have become widespread among scholars during the Carolingian period, so there is that too. But documents we have show it as one calendar among other around the time of what we now call Y1K - not the predominant dating system it became afterward. Regnal years, Roman/Byzantine years, and a variety of other systems were still in common usage, so the claim that it was unambiguously perceived as Y1k (or rather, M as they would have written it - both arabic numeral and SI prefixes being then entirely unknown or just barely discovered in Europe) does appear...questionable.

Certainly having a widespread panic over a year that was only meaningful in one numbering system among others seems...well, dubious.

The earliest hints of people using positional notation and 'Arabic' numbers in Europe are Walcher of Malvern in England after 1091 and Leonardo Bonacci who wrote a book about using them: Liber Abaci, in 1221 - both instances well after the '1000' date.

On the other hand, the early conversion of Christians in Scandinavia was all done by monks, pilgrims and bishops sent north for the purpose, all of whom would have been using the 'Christian' dating system. That makes Bengtsen's claims at least possible. Although I suspect that the claims that any numerically-based 'panic' was widespread may reflect that it was 'wide spread' only among some of the new Christian converts and the amount of concern was much exaggerated by the recorders, who were most likely to be the same Christian clerics sent out to convert them in the first place.

The earliest hints of people using positional notation and 'Arabic' numbers in Europe are Walcher of Malvern in England after 1091 and Leonardo Bonacci who wrote a book about using them: Liber Abaci, in 1221 - both instances well after the '1000' date.

On the other hand, the early conversion of Christians in Scandinavia was all done by monks, pilgrims and bishops sent north for the purpose, all of whom would have been using the 'Christian' dating system. That makes Bengtsen's claims at least possible. Although I suspect that the claims that any numerically-based 'panic' was widespread may reflect that it was 'wide spread' only among some of the new Christian converts and the amount of concern was much exaggerated by the recorders, who were most likely to be the same Christian clerics sent out to convert them in the first place.
But, another question is, does a big, "M," invoke the same subliminal, superficial reaction as, "one-zero-zero-zero?"

Yes, that would make sense - especially if the converters saw those older dating system as pagan, and therefore engaged in efforts to suppress them among the newly converted. .

This is actually such a great idea. Have the second coming of Christ and he shows up and starts doing miracles. Has anybody done this yet?
It should be just a video though and not mention the second because there's faiths that believe in the 'first coming' meaning that there wasn't a first coming at all. Some believe that the messiah has yet to arrive.

This is actually such a great idea. Have the second coming of Christ and he shows up and starts doing miracles. Has anybody done this yet?

It should be just a video though and not mention the second because there's faiths that believe in the 'first coming' meaning that there wasn't a first coming at all. Some believe that the messiah has yet to arrive.
And there's religious players who find the mockery of their echatological beliefs that could only result from such a portrayal to be offensive.

Religion is a Crocodile MInefield. Wherever you step, something is liable to jump up and bite your head off.

Anybody trying to sell something (like a video game) to millions of customers has to tread very carefully around religion, which is why you might have noticed that Religion in Civ VI never actually mentions any specific actual Religious doctrines, only various homogenized Beliefs that you can cut and fit into a religion of your own. The names of the religions are just that: names only with nothing attached to them that might offend anyone. For safety's sake, that is pretty much the only way to market Religion as a game mechanic without risking your collective corporate necks.

Default named religions usually are Christian based and there's many Christian faiths in there like eastern orthodox, catholic or protestants. There's 3 major Jesuit religions while the Islamic only have one and they have different 'sects' as well if you want to call them that in real life. I guess that's why they made the custom religion so that you can think of your deity as infinite ways as you can but I still think more 'sects' should be added to the default collection of 'sects' that already exist because God created man in his image and when that happened, men also could create good things and in this case more default religious names. The pantheon and the follower beliefs will most likely have a lot of more newer neater beliefs but the default names can also use a boost and not have it so Jesuit based all the time because there were many major religions in the world.

*watches anxiously as this thread teeters on the slippery slope toward mod intervention*
I saw this in "similar threads".
Was expecting stuff like "Civ 6 already sucks, we don't need yet another cash cow poop".
But this...
Seriously, WHY wasn't it removed by mods on day one?
It's "Off-Topic" at best, "incoherent crazy rambling" at middle, and "actual trolling" at honest.

Top Bottom