Civilization: Beyond Earth Units for Civilization VI

Civilization: Beyond Earth Units for Civilization VI 1.0

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Deliverator submitted a new resource:

Civilization: Beyond Earth Units for Civilization VI - 228 Unit Art Assets converted from Civ:BE and Rising Tide

This Modbuddy project consists of 228 Units converted from Civilization: Beyond Earth including the Rising Tide expansion.

It is not a gameplay mod - it is just designed to distribute and showcase the art assets.

Screenshots

View attachment 504132 View attachment 504133 View attachment 504134 View attachment 504135 View attachment 504136 View attachment 504137

Unit Asset List

Aegis
Ambassador
ANGEL
Apostle
Aquilon
Arbiter
Architect
Argo...

Read more about this resource...

Great !

And I had a doubt about the game the screenshots were taken from... Well done :D

Wow. This is awesome. I'm one who enjoyed BE, and have often thought how the lack of future units in Civ 6 is a bummer. I can't WAIT to see mods popping up integrating some of these assets into a few future techs. I don't much play modded at all, beyond a few tweaks I make for my own sake, but mods integrating these assets cleanly I would be all over. Well done!

And I had a doubt about the game the screenshots were taken from... Well done :D

Thanks! As you can see I'm also porting the Fungal Biome to Civ VI to show what can be done in terms of terrain overhauls.

Hi Deliverator - I was keen to understand how you converted units from other games to Civ 6? I think the game needs lots of modern era units in particular. Civ 5 had so many, so would be great to convert some of them 8nto Civ 6! Would this be possible?

Hi Deliverator - I was keen to understand how you converted units from other games to Civ 6? I think the game needs lots of modern era units in particular. Civ 5 had so many, so would be great to convert some of them 8nto Civ 6! Would this be possible?

Converting units from Civ 5 and Civ:BE is much easier than for other games because Civ 5 and Civ 6 both use the same base game engine called Granny 3D. The process for individual units is described here. What I've done recently is made it possible to batch convert 3D art from Civ 5/Civ:BE to Civ 6 and this pack is the first release of batch converted art. I'm planning to release more conversions and Civ 5 Units is definitely on the list. I'm not sure whether I'm going to release the batch conversion itself at this stage.

@Deliverator can you convert those units from beyond earth to civilization v or can I use this pack in civ v already??? Im want to use them in my mod, Im will be very grateful. Btw have a nice day ;)

@Deliverator can you convert those units from beyond earth to civilization v or can I use this pack in civ v already??? Im want to use them in my mod, Im will be very grateful. Btw have a nice day ;)

No I'm not going to convert them all to Civ V I'm afraid. It is actually much easier for Civ V as the whole set up of Civ V/Civ BE is the same. You can convert an individual unit using Nexus Buddy 2 as described here.

Also see this thread as the guy is converting a bunch of CivBE units into Civ 5.

Congratulations, you have done a great job, Deliverator. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:
Have you considered converting some more units from other Civ V mods, like for example Faerun?
There are some Civ VI fantasy mod out now that lack art assets, and I'm sure they would greatly benefit from your work :)

Hey Deliverator, where can I adjust which specific action (build in this case) triggers a certain animation? I'm wanting to use the Angel unit as more of a builder, and the normal combat animation is fine, but I just want to reassign it to fire when the unit uses a build action.. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the .anm files nor the artdefs, hopefully I'm just missing something.

EDIT: Figured it out, the bindings were in the .ast file

Last edited:
EDIT: Figured it out, the bindings were in the .ast file

Yes that's right. You need to make sure m_animationBindings, m_timelineBindings and m_timelines entries all match up. The animation name is repeated in both m_animationBindings and m_timelines.

Is it possible to extract a single unit out of this so that I can use it in my own mod, or do I have to add my unit code to your ~200MB download? I've yet to wrap my head around all this asset stuff.

Is it possible to extract a single unit out of this so that I can use it in my own mod, or do I have to add my unit code to your ~200MB download? I've yet to wrap my head around all this asset stuff.

Yes, sure. You'd start by copying over the single Asset .ast file into your mod and then you'd need to copy over all files it uses/depends on .anm, .fgx, .geo, .mtl, .tex and .dds files. To understand the Asset dependencies see this diagram.

Top Bottom