"Civilization IV: The Complete Edition" only loads colonization!

Welcome to CFC :band:

look in your games subdirectory in the startmenu - there should be shortcuts, if not the game is installed in
\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4 complete\
go there and you'll find the .exe files for the three games.
The CD autoplay feature will only start colonization.

Actually, the files for BtS are in:
C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword
For civ 4 complete.

I registered in this forum to ask for a solution for the same problem but in the middle of the process I figured the solution

After installing CIV IV it'll start installing Colonization when it finishes if your situation is the same as mine was when you go to programfiles/2kgames(or firaxis) you'll find only coloization .exe while civ IV, BTS & warlords folders are eithr empty or non-existent
Solution: After installing the game for the first time .. go to computer .. right click on the dvd rom and choose open then choose the setup for Civ IV ( not colonizaion setup which should be in colonization folder ) it'll start istallation again wait for the first one to finish and when it starts colonization install press cancel .. then go back to program files 2kgames and you should be able to find all of them

I hope this helps ;)

I registered in this forum to ask for a solution for the same problem but in the middle of the process I figured the solution

After installing CIV IV it'll start installing Colonization when it finishes if your situation is the same as mine was when you go to programfiles/2kgames(or firaxis) you'll find only coloization .exe while civ IV, BTS & warlords folders are eithr empty or non-existent
Solution: After installing the game for the first time .. go to computer .. right click on the dvd rom and choose open then choose the setup for Civ IV ( not colonizaion setup which should be in colonization folder ) it'll start istallation again wait for the first one to finish and when it starts colonization install press cancel .. then go back to program files 2kgames and you should be able to find all of them

I hope this helps ;)

Tried that, but it just prompts the "uninstall"

So I bought this game today and came home and installed it. After installing I found I could only play Colonization. I've checked around for the other .exe folders, went to the DVD ROM to start the setup for Civ 4, basically everything mentioned that seemed helpful. Absolutely any help is appreciated! :)

I recall someone else having a similar problem. Try this: go to the applications folder and find the game application there. Run that. If it doesn't work and you are using Windows 7, you may have to right click it and authorize the game to run as an administrator. I think you can also create an .exe file for it from the right click menu, but since I don't use Windows, I can't tell you how. I gather from other threads that is pretty obvious from the right click menu. If this doesn't work and you don't get a better answer here, I would suggest reposting your thread in the main General Discussion forum. This subforum does not see a lot of traffic.

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete. That should be the folder with the original .exe, and there should be folders saying Warlords and BTS that have their .exe's in them. If not... try reinstalling. If you actually manage to get it to work, remember to download the 3.19 patch for BTS off this website. Don't use the ingame installer, it generally doesn't work.

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete. That should be the folder with the original .exe, and there should be folders saying Warlords and BTS that have their .exe's in them. If not... try reinstalling. If you actually manage to get it to work, remember to download the 3.19 patch for BTS off this website. Don't use the ingame installer, it generally doesn't work.

I bought the game online, and BTS doesn't work. I bought it in gamersgate. It installs the game and I can play warlord and vainilla but not BTS. I go to the .exe archive but when loading it provides an error message and it does not work. Any patch that I should include or anything?

Well this may be just for myself, but I have always loved Civ IV. Have not played in years, but I just bought Civ IV complete from an Amazon vendor and had the same problem. And I figured out the reason. Some of the Civilization IV Complete disks don't have the Civ IV files on them, just Colonization. I opened the disk itself and there it was, just Colonization. So I sent the game back. This time I will order a used copy instead of a new one - one that is certain to work.

Top Bottom