Civilization Request Thread

Is my Civ over/under powered?

I plan to use either France or Egypts UA. The Ceilidh Hall building and the Carolean UU.

Oh and if it is not over or underpowered maybe someone could make it for me :). It should be easy as I plan to use the image of Washington as Oswiu of Northumbria and keep the American logo and color.

Make A Canadian Civ! I was also thinking of something not so lore friendly umm a few Warhammer CIVs!

It's a shame that anyone who wants to play a Norseman has only one Scandinavian country (Denmark) to choose from. Personally, I'd like to see an older version of Sweden as an alternative to Gustavus' late-Renaissance kingdom: Svea rike, or Svithjod if you really want to get archaic. What would make these early Swedes different from both the "official" ones and from Bluetooth's Danes? Some of the changes I'd need would be cosmetic, of course:

• A Viking Age king, preferably one who lived before Christianity was widespread (since I use an unofficial Norse religion mod as well).
  • Different city names (at least some of them): Birka was the earliest center of trade in Sweden, and Uppsala was a center of religious/political power long before Stockholm existed. One of those two should be the capital for game purposes.
  • New unit #1: the longship from the Steam Workshop site (since Swedes were not only great raiders, but great ship-builders and very well-traveled).
  • New unit #2: the berserker from Bluetooth's Denmark works equally well for an older Sweden. (Icelandic sagas often mention Swedish berserkers as incorrigible pagans, in fact.)
  • New building: the smokehouse from the Steam Workshop site.
  • New building #2: stone ship (replaces the Monument, though the bonuses should be a bit lower: it can be raised in any city, not just the capital).
  • New wonder #1: Ale's Stones (the best-known example of a stone ship arrangement, and a UNESCO cultural heritage site).
  • New wonder #2: Uppsala temple (legendary structure, as described by Adam of Bremen).

If there is some way to make these older Swedes resistant to religious conversions by other player civs, that should be added too--the sagas often speak of Swedes as stubbornly refusing to give up their old gods, for at least a century after the Church had converted most of Scandinavia.

Finally, these Swedes should get some kind of bonus when trading resources with other civs: they might loot and pillage like other Vikings sometimes, but are better remembered for sailing further east than the rest (and even helping to found Russia, according to some historians). The medieval city of Visby, in particular, was built on foreign trade....

Of course, since this is an existing civ in an earlier era, any mod for Svea rike should block access to Gustavus' Sweden (by both humans and the AI; time-travel paradox, anyone?)

Any modders out there who are willing to give this civ idea a shot? I'd really love to try playtesting it!

I didn't see any about this on Civ V. Is there an Amazons mod?. I remember see a lot of them for Civ IV and they were great.

Hi! New to the forum. After playing Civ, I have seen that though the ancient peoples that inhabited Latin America are represented in the game, modern Latin America is not. A civ that could take an interesting path with the game in my opinion, would be Costa Rica.

They'd be an interesting civilization because their unique unit would not be militaristic (no army) and I feel like their special abilities would be related to the environment and culture (since it is one of the major tourist locations around the world). They're also unique in that they've been the only truly stable government in Latin America, and are one of the oldest democracies in the world. I think that, though unorthodox, they would be a great new civ to see!

Can anyone extract the Phoenicians and Amazons from tam and greek epic? I would love to use them?

Is this for mods only or for the game in general? If it's for mods I want a Gran Colombia, Nepal/Tibet, Aryans, and Gipsy. Lol yes, Gipsy...I wonder what type of creative things modders can do with that. :crazyeye:

I would love to see a Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion mod pack.
I've been trying to personally build such a thing, but modding is a bit more complex than I was hoping for.
Anyway, I was hoping for...

The Holy Britannian Empire - Leader Charles Zi Britannia
The Black Knights - Leader Zero

Anybody have any interest in making Civs based off League of Legends areas?

e.g. Noxus, Demacia, etc.

Is this for mods only or for the game in general? If it's for mods I want a Gran Colombia, Nepal/Tibet, Aryans, and Gipsy. Lol yes, Gipsy...I wonder what type of creative things modders can do with that. :crazyeye:

I could come up with a laundry list of offensive, stereotypical joke things, but as far as serious, I'm not too sure.

I'd love to see a Mesoamerican or Andean civ aside from the boring Aztec/Maya/Inca trope... I think the P'urhepecha or Chimu would work pretty well, there's lots of unique things about them. I've amassed a good bit of knowledge on New World history, so I could help with planning if necessary.

Also, +1 for the Kazakhs

EDIT: nvm, I'll just make my own ;)

EDIT 2: Here's my Chimu civ.

How about some historically-accurate representation of those chaps in Australia?
Umbarra's
Australian Aboriginals
Leader: Merriman Elder Umbarra
UA: Moojingarl: +1 Spy from start, all spies can steal tech at double speed.
UU: Boomerang Thrower: Replaces archer, Can shoot twice per turn
Other Unique: (Unsure)
Logo: Vertical snake (Rainbow Serpent), Very dark brown main colour, Crimson Borders
Diplomacy Image: Umbarra standing by eucalyptus tree in Capital Territory area of australia, black duck in his hand.
Cities: Ngunawal Capital, Other cities are other aboriginal tribe names
Start Bias: Plains areas
Architecture And Music: Native American
Music Theme: Fluty Didgeridoo theme in traditional aboriginal tune, No flute with trumpet part for wartime.
Religion: Christianity with vanilla, with Historical Religions, Tkjurpa

I don't see why anyone hasn't made a mod of Bulgaria yet. Not only is it the oldest country right now that is still alive, but it also was a big threat to other countries during 700-1400, we also pretty much dominated the Byzantines.

Leader: Khan Krum (Fierce Leader who doubled the size of our terrirory)
Unique Ability: Tsarevest Castle: +100 xp for every unit (Bulgaria had fierce warriors)
Unique Unit: Bolyarin: A squad leader (Either he can regenerate his own and those of others in adjacent blocks when not near an enemy or give a defensive buff to him and soldiers around him)
Special Ability: Krum's Laws: +25% Expanding Rate, Golden Age give 50% Production and Culture instead of 25% and gold production is increased by 25% by block instead of +1 gold by block.
Logo: The white lion with a green background, the lion being this lion from the shield http://www.government.bg/fce/001/0034/bigimg/gerb1.gif
Capital: Tarnovo (The city of Tsars) or Pliska (Capital during Krum's time)
(G&K) Religion: Either Orthodox Christianity or Primitive Tangrism

Top Bottom