Civilization Revolution DS Preview @ IGN

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
IGN has published an updated preview for the Nintendo DS version of Civilization Revolution. It talks about some things specific to the DS version, such as the touch control and the way combat is presented. They also posted four short videos of the DS version in action.

In North America, all three versions of CivRev come out at the same time, on July 8th. In Europe, PS3 and XBOX360 versions already came out on June 13, but the DS version will come out on July 8th.

I don't get the inability to zoom in and out on these new console versions. Civ is a game about taking over the damn world - LET US SEE IT!

Please!

Simplification of the game aside, the idea of a "pocketCiv" has always been intriguing to me.

I don't own a ps3 or a 360 so i might get the ds version even if it isn't up to scratch with the other versions

Simplification of the game aside, the idea of a "pocketCiv" has always been intriguing to me.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/28044 Your wish has been granted. ;)

Very nice little game btw!

Hmm just red the preview. Seems like the stylus isn't used optimally which is to bad. Still like with Age of Empires the controls might work just fine.
Bit confused about the vetran status of units. Would they only gain more movement with the DS version, that would indicate a different path then with the 360/PS3 versions. The scenarios seems to fit the "quick to play" theme of Civ Rev very well.
All in all still very much looking forward to my Pocket Civ!

The movies are nice! Now I see it moving it actually looks better then I thought it would form the earlier screenshots. Shame the spearmen didn't beat the tank though :(

Top Bottom