Civilization V: Civilizations

I'm fine with a Native Amnerican civ, as long as that civ does not include the Iroquois. But to be honest, I rather see a Sioux than Native American, just as in Civ II.

I'm so happy the Ottomans are FINALLY in a vanilla Civ game! It makes me so happy. The Ottomans accomplished alot. I'm happy that they're FINALLY getting their due. Great choice Firaxis! Also, very happy to see Siam in there too. As an ASian lover, it's nice to see a civ like that in a vanilla game. I love the civ choices! However I would rather see Tokugawa than Oda Noabunga. But that's just my personal feeling.

I sort of figure, since this game is inherently fantasy, a single Native American civ would fit the bill nicely. After all, we have the United States beginning in the stone age, which to me seems at least several notches HIGHER on the outrageously bogus meter.

BTW: I only mentioned Greece to derail the notion that civs are politically based. Period. My statement about culture was a separate idea, which I think could be applied both broadly (as with the Native Americans) as well as more narrowly (as with Greece) as desired.

If you like having the Iroquois and Sioux, how would you feel about including the Cherokee and/or the puebloans maybe?

That depends on how important they were as a Native American Tribe. The reason why I would like to see mainly Sioux and Iroquois are simply because they both were a bit more significant than the other tribes. Also, as said before, I see the option of one Native American civ more like an idea just as bad as an EU civ, and since EU is not a sovreign nation, an EU civ is a bad idea (except for future, sci-fi scenarios). Same point here, the Native Americans were never gathere in one Civ (Greek city-states created two main unions opposing each other, and were finally gathered under Philip II of Macedon, so they were actually gathered as one civ).

The pic of civs really shows how little these game-makers really know about our ancient history. Did anyone say tabloid? Pokemon? US of A should be a add-on.

Anyway, I`m looking forward..:scan:

What I was expecting mostly but I wish they would put more than 18 civs in the vanilla version. There are so many great and interesting civilizations they could put in. Hopefully Arabia will cover the Muslims who fought the Crusaders, would think so since Harun Al-Rashid was from the Ayyubid dynasty which was the same as Saladin. Surprised Spain is out since they had such a grand empire in the past with S.America, Holland, Italy. Also there are no Maians or Incas. Would have liked to have seen Holy Roman Empire, Crusader States, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Byzantine Empire, Norseland, Scotland, but I expect we'll get most of these in expansions.

First, welcome to the forum, and then there is something that you will have to remember. Vote for the viking civ to be called Norseland. This is a wish that both I and Igor and many more want the gamemakers to change.

When are the Civilization special abilities going to be posted?

I think by the same token the Native Americans of North America should be included together.
Having a single civ to represent Native America just seems like the most balanced, most fun, and least outrageous option. I think civs should be included relevant to their historical significance as a cultural group first, and politically second (with some exception to be made for the US).

OK, just one question:http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/Undecided.gif
Who would you appoint as the leader of all the various North American tribes?:undecide:

Is it just me or is Civfanatics being overly lazy on Civ 5 as opposed to the earlier titles? I mean, it just seems that there is way too little information available on Civ 5 at the moment. Other games in the series have all sorts of information in their own civilopedia sections, whereas for Civ 5 there is just the Civilizations section pretty much, and even then, the page is not very complete at all. Where the heck is Polynesia?! They were released before the Danish even! And why are the leader images still broken??? I remember seeing those images broken when I visited this site just a few weeks after Civ 5 was released, and now after many months having been passed, it remains to be broken. Lastly - this is another one of those things that were never-ever-fixed since release - why is Siam's leader pic different to the others?!

C'mon folks! Like, I don't even expect a full civilopedia for Civ 5, I'm sure we can come up with at least a complete Civilizations section???

CivIV > CivV

That's why

Is it just me or is Civfanatics being overly lazy on Civ 5 as opposed to the earlier titles? I mean, it just seems that there is way too little information available on Civ 5 at the moment. Other games in the series have all sorts of information in their own civilopedia sections, whereas for Civ 5 there is just the Civilizations section pretty much, and even then, the page is not very complete at all. Where the heck is Polynesia?! They were released before the Danish even! And why are the leader images still broken??? I remember seeing those images broken when I visited this site just a few weeks after Civ 5 was released, and now after many months having been passed, it remains to be broken. Lastly - this is another one of those things that were never-ever-fixed since release - why is Siam's leader pic different to the others?!

C'mon folks! Like, I don't even expect a full civilopedia for Civ 5, I'm sure we can come up with at least a complete Civilizations section???

Unfortunately CivFanatics got so addicted to Civ IV, that it does not consider Civ V a worthy sequel (although Civ V is so much better then Civ IV IMHO). Hence, the negative attitude. It is unfortunate, but there is nothing we can do. This is why I almost never visit this site anymore.

I think the "there are none" part is what he means ;)

What about adding the bonus/information that makes the unique buildings and units 'unique' into this table as well?

Top Bottom