[BNW] Civilization V - Hemp Extended DLC (Coop/Multiplayer)

JOHN007

Chieftain
Greetings... A Civilization V DLC which features over 80 new factions, over 50 new buildings, also including new strategic and luxury resources which are hand drawn by yours truly. This also includes many bug fixes and optimizations to Singleplayer, Multiplayer and Coop.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilization-v-hemp-extended-dlc

How To Install.

Once you have downloaded the DLC Unzip the file ''CIV V KINGJABBA DLC VIII'' into the Sid Meier's Civilization V directory. Example if you purchased the Steam Version it may be this path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

Now navigate to...

My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5

Open the config.ini with Notepad and edit this line from '0' to '1'

LooseFilesOverridePAK = 0 <<< "Change this to 1"

Now once in game you can load the maps either by the Multiplayer Tab or the Singleplayer Tab.

Please make sure all clients/players have the DLC installed with the config.ini line set to '1'.

Enjoy.

Can you include ethnic diversity mod and ingame editor?

Last edited:
Hello.

May I ask, when you add the diversity mod, does the ingame strategic view have the dreaded ghost icon bug when moving around? Do any of the unit icons duplicate?

The problem here is the DLC is on the tip of the icon cache amount.

Someone else on the Moddb site requested something similar, the RED diversity mod.

Are you referring to the ''R.E.D Diversity Mod'' may I ask?

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

Hi,
Do your mod contains the "2 units per tiles" ?

Also, I see there is a directory "UI". Then it will be copy-paste on an existing "UI" directory in the "assets" directory.
It's look a little risky. I suppose I should do first a save of the actual "UI" directory before to copy the new one.

Last edited:
Hi,
Do your mod contains the "2 units per tiles" ?

Also, I see there is a directory "UI". Then it will be copy-paste on an existing "UI" directory in the "assets" directory.
It's look a little risky. I suppose I should do first a save of the actual "UI" directory before to copy the new one.

Hello,

''Does your mod contain "2 units per tiles" ?
No.

The UI folder is for the mods and optimizations, don't worry, there is no change of gameplay. Enjoy.

Last edited:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ethnic-diversity-r-e-d-unofficial.449070/ - This is mod that adds unique graphics to all factions without changing the formations. RED adds formations too and thats unnecesarry for me. Mod in link also changes more of the units than R.E.D. and I did not encountered any bug with icons.

Hello.

May I ask does the Diversity Mod change the actual modded civilizations aswell or does it only change the default civilizations? I'm looking in the RED directory and I only see changes to default civs.

modded too if they have set culture in their respective mods. JFD civs have it for sure.

you can run your modpack and add Ethnic Diversity + ingame editor as mods and test it yourself. You can add units on map thanks to editor

I am trying to combine modpack with Ethnic Diversity + Cultural Diversity from JFD
( https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cultural-diversity.521664/ )
with just handfull of additional civs I want and resources buildings you used but its taking few hours even with defender disabled :-/

Cultural Diversity might not be best for yours, becasue we cant be sure if every moded civ you added has culture set in its files

Last edited:
Hello and thankyou for the reply.

It looks to me that the diversity mod will only edit default civs and JFD civs, is it really worth it? I really don't want any other modifications added to the default civs.

Also there is a lot of artwork and icon changes, which means the mods are adding more icons into the cache, the DLC is at the limit already, its going to break something.

If this diversity mod actually changed all civs then it would be more interesting but seeing as it only edits the default and JFD, the DLC is going to be a mess.

I was trying my best to create a DLC which feels legit, all civs need to blend in, and not stick out like a sore thumb.

Right now with my spare time, I am attempting to create new 3d model buildings in blender for some of the new resources, just need some more time.

Hopefully we may be able to elevate the diversity mod to all' civs, which sounds more interesting.

Hello.

The new update consists of...

Civilization/Leader updates to all frameworks. ( Much better optimization )
New Blender crafted buildings (Hempmill / Timbermill ) 6 months of work on 2 buildings.
Better MP optimizations ( No desync issues ) No lag.
Firaxis Launcher Skip tutorial ( This will skip the adware launcher from Firaxis begging for new Civ6 players )

All in all the new update is fluid in MP with no lag what so ever.

If anyone already has the DLC installed and would like to update, the steps taken should be...

1. Navigate to the Steam Civilization folder in 'Steamapps' and delete the 'Assets' folder..

2. Navigate to the Steam Library page, right click on the Civilization V game and go to properties. 'Verify Integrity Of Game Cache' which will download a new 'Assets' folder to your Steam Dir.

3. Navigate to Documents/My Games/Civilization V and delete the 'Cache' folder.

4. Now you can apply the new update.

Enjoy

Hello, I'm kind of new to using the civ fanatics forum to look around for good mods, so I'm giving your mod a go, I do have a few questions if you dont mind my asking, Do you know of any bugs so far with this mod? If I get any I'll post about them here so you know it's occurring, just wanting to know so that if I do get any bugs so that I know that it's already here and I don't need to tell you again. Also, could you put a bit more of the gameplay and a couple of the civs being added? I've noticed that you dont give a lot of descriptors specifically related to your mod (example name of civ and where they are from and/or what role they played in history.) coming from someone who not only plays for game mechanics but also from a roleplay aspect (as I'm sure many others do) it would be nice to know what I am getting into regarding those aspects. That is all from me, other than also saying which types of mods would be compatible with the game? Thanks for reading and thanks for your time! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

From our testing there are no bugs so far, especially any game breaking errors which would crash the application.

Regarding gameplay I don't really record but I have uploaded the entire list of leaders on the DLC page, you could easily create an RP scenario from the list.

I haven't tested any other mods with the DLC so cannot say what's compatible but the DLC is on the tip of exceeding the cache amount which is hardcoded into Civ V.

If you decide to add any mods then it wont work on multiplayer, it'll only work on singleplayer.

The DLC is preferred for multiplayer so get your friends to download and setup yourself an RP server.

Enjoy.

Hello, and thanks for what you do.,

I just found this mod and want to install it. I'm running on linux mint though and have a couple of questions if you would be so kind.

1. I'm suspecting that the archive is going to have to be extracted using the option to convert filenames to lowercase. Can you confirm?

2. The civ 5 paths are different under linux mint. Is the install replacing the existing 'assets' folder or merging the contents. Is it possible to rename the existing 'assets' folder and add the 'assets' folder from your archive?

Thanks in advance for any tips. I don't want to screw up my civ v install cuz it wasn't fun getting it to work smooth like it does now. :)

Top Bottom