Civilization V Live Stream

ciV_Loki

Chieftain
Hey guys,

Not sure if this goes here, but I saw the post about someone's youtube walkthrough. There is a guy named gilded who has been streaming this game like 12 hours at a time everyday since it came out.

He's not on now, but you can still watch his videos in the archive to see some of his playthroughs.

www.justin.tv/gilded_gaming

I've been a fan of his show for a while now, and he's got me buying this game and coming to this site so I thought I'd let you guys know about him.

I haven't seen all his games so far but I know he was playing on prince with america last night and kicking butt. I think he moved up to King now.

Hope you guys like it.

Thanks for the other link. :)

gilded was on again the last two days 12 hours at a time. The guy's a machine lol.

I didn't get to see all of it, but yesterday was China Archipelago on King difficulty. He won that one with a diplomatic victory.

And today he's been playing as France on a Huge Earth map, Emperor difficulty. He's trying something he said he read about on here where you ignore unhappiness and just keep annexing cities, focusing on gold and tech since the cities won't grow/hardly produce. So far it seems to be working. He's taken most of Asia.

The show has all of these games recorded in his archives.

www.justin.tv/gilded_gaming

That's right, forget about posting games on Youtube and the nightmare that is to cut a game into a bazillion 10 minute pieces. Everybody should be using streams now, and even those who still want to just record videos offline and upload, there is a great site for this that will stream your offline games and even gives $$ if/when you get a lot of traffic :

http://www.blip.tv/

(Much better video quality than justin.tv btw)

Also if there are any site admins listening to this, look at the top right corner of this site :

http://www.teamliquid.net/

There is a display of all streams currently casting live and you can just click them to watch. That is a starcraft site, but it would not be that hard to reproduce on civfanatics for members having civ streams, and it would be some nice addition imo. (I am a web dev myself and I appreciate when sites innovate and make things convenient like this.)

Looking forward to more videos, stream, and civ5 content in the future. We are just getting started here. :)

Top Bottom