Civilization V: Tips & Tricks Video #2 - Deity Cheese Starts

Aldrahill

Chieftain
Hey all,

This is my second tips and tricks video for Civ V.

The last time I posted here, I think the community considered my video (concerning caravan internal trade routes found here) rather too easy. Hopefully, this time it's a little more advanced!

This time, it's focused on cheesing Deity games; the easiest possible starts to try and cheese an easy Deity victory. I mean, these are so easy as to be almost un-fun (especially the England strat...) but it might be useful as a tactic for those interested in getting that lovely achievement, or just understanding the ways to utterly devostate the AI. Because, man the AI is bad.

I'm also streaming some Civ V from 20:00 GMT (about 20 minutes from posting this) with a few friends on Multiplayer. Doing a Terra map tonight I believe :)

Nice video. I don't play on Deity level, but some of those map types I'll have to try.

Nice video. I don't play on Deity level, but some of those map types I'll have to try.

Thanks!

Admittedly, these strategies are extremely cheesy. You can likely snag a quick victory with them, but it you'll probably feel somewhat bad about it afterwards :p

On your Huns map, all of the capitals have only 1 population yet you've already built 3 Battering Rams?

I used IGE to demonstrate what you could do; I spawned the units just to demonstrate the kind of damage they do to cities.

I used IGE to demonstrate what you could do; I spawned the units just to demonstrate the kind of damage they do to cities.

Fair enough. You showed real game scenarios in the other examples. It seems to me that it would be more consistent to show a real game scenario for this example as well.

PS. I encourage you to continue with your efforts, whether you are click-baiting (as some have suggested) or not. Just raise the bar.

Fair enough. You showed real game scenarios in the other examples. It seems to me that it would be more consistent to show a real game scenario for this example as well.

PS. I encourage you to continue with your efforts, whether you are click-baiting (as some have suggested) or not. Just raise the bar.

Being totally frank, I had done a normal game to demonstrate it, but I messed it up and was too tired to redo, so just used IGE :(

Still, it absolutely works!

It's pronounced arkee - PELL - ago

:)

Now say antidisestablishmentarianism. Or floccinaucinihilipilification.

I wouldn't have included the Huns as a cheat to winning Deity. Unless you play a duel or tiny map, battering rams are not going to cut it. On a standard map size you need to use horse archers and you need to be able to maneuver your troops properly, otherwise you will lose them all when facing an AI with a military of it's own. You also need to rush things because your units have a limited usability and if you go beyond that point it becomes pretty hard to win, maybe even impossible for a player that is not used to higher levels. Things like micro managing and worker stealing will help you a lot in the beginning and again, a player that doesn't usually play higher difficulties will not do that. Great plains really helps a lot with winning but it doesn't make it that cheesy, unless you reduce the size of the map.

Honestly I think playing something like small continents with Babylon and selecting only peaceful opponents is a lot safer to win.

Top Bottom