Civilo-pdf Lore Compendium

This bump has been made for the reasons of great justice.

Also to increase awareness of this Compendium, and in hopes that it will inspire it's creators to update it.

hey, any updated version for new versions? :)

My most profuse apologies. I've got a new full-time job 2 hours' commute away, which leaves me little time for gaming, let alone side projects. Please don't hate me for this, but I've also been playing other games. :blush:

But there has been a considerable amount of added lore and an update is definitely needed. I will make time.

Thanks for this. I have some documents with lore I found on the forum. Might post it here for you to go through, maybe I got something you missed.

This one is old, and surely outdated - still, wouldn't it be nice if alternate versions of the lore could be included as an "apocripha et spuria" section?

Awesome work Loocus, it was brilliant to sort the book by Angels. :goodjob:

Awesome, it looks great! I'll go ahead and zip up all I have in case you don't have it already.

Ok here is what I've collected, not sure how much it is. And it is often written as an answer to a question by Kael so to fit the format of your pdf you will probably need to edit it to fit.

Attachments

• Lore.zip
    371.3 KB · Views: 489
Ok here is what I've collected, not sure how much it is. And it is often written as an answer to a question by Kael so to fit the format of your pdf you will probably need to edit it to fit.

Thanks a ton. I knew I saw a more complete Tale of Saverous somewhere sometime. Couldn't find it for the life of me. I've been considering for a while how to include this material, and I think footnotes might be best. I'll give it a try and see how well it works, but other ideas could be useful. As far as editing, I think I'll cut out any reference to the mod, D&D, or other RL references.

Thanks again, GF.

I posted all of the snippets for Saverous in the Trivia thread quite a while back. It is 3 seperate Pedia entries is all, so you've probably already got it, just might not realize that one of them is Saverous (doesn't actually say that it is IIRC, except in the last line stating the source). Kael said he had worked on a full story for him, but IIRC said he hasn't finished it.

I posted all of the snippets for Saverous in the Trivia thread quite a while back. It is 3 seperate Pedia entries is all, so you've probably already got it, just might not realize that one of them is Saverous (doesn't actually say that it is IIRC, except in the last line stating the source). Kael said he had worked on a full story for him, but IIRC said he hasn't finished it.

And I am really bad at searching.

I find it odd that the Meshabber of Dis entry is in the Tale of Saverous, and not Rosier the Fallen's. Ros's entry seems a much more likely Act 2 Chapter 1.

Good. Sav's and Valin's overlap with the complete Act 1, and then there's Mesh's Act 2 Ch 1 and Rosier, which is on the same subject. Guess that's all we got. Time for an an update then.

I owe you all an update so bad. Right after I made the first edition I got a job doing the exact same work, editing and formatting. My workday and commute are 12 hours everyday, so I'm much less enthusiastic about doing more of the same in my few hours of computer time in the evening. That's my excuse. I feel bad about my absence and have done my love for FFH a disservice. You may smite me and I will complain only very little.

Anyway, I could use some help with this update. It will just be a catch-up one, but still have grander hopes for it. I still need to do my WinMerge-and-compare with the newest text xml, but off the top of my head I know the new version will include:

The Tale of Saverous
The Fall of Mammon
Loki
Tebryn
Gibbon

What more have I missed?

EDIT: Merge revealed these:
Pagan Temple
Sculptor's Studio
Rob Grave
Taunt
Iron Working
Necromancy

(Seriously, with a name like Henri Ghouls, what can you expect...)
/EDIT

There is so much material in the game and on these forums. I am in awe of the original work itself and the outpouring of inspiration in the stories threads. This compendium will be canon only, which includes anything Kael writes that isn't in the pedia (I think Saverous' story is the only one). That will include the little lessons of Kael's that have been kindly collected for me in previous posts on this thread. I don't know about the scenarios yet. This book needs to be friendly towards new players, so spoilers are bad. Perhaps an appendix or a second, extended, version. Your thoughts?

As for the stories threads (can I say fanon?), there is wonderful stuff there. I'd love to compile a best-of, sort of like the "Year's Best SciFi/Fantasy" books. Perhaps some dabbling in democracy. Yeah?

In the "Laroth" thread in this subforum, there's a lot of new information about Laroth, such as the Cult of Temelchus and a story (partially explaining) how he fell... all by Kael.

None of it's in game, to my knowledge.

Yeah, the stories are great. I have a compilation of my favourites from the Random Stories Thread :)

Top Bottom