Civlization VI

jjake101

Warlord
{this isn't really CIV5 relate but i couldn't find anywhere else to post this.}

Who thinks CIV VI is in development now? What Civ's would like to see? Religons? Leaders? New Fetures?

I doubt Civ VI is in development, they are still working on Civ 5. I would wait a few more years, maybe 2015, it seems that a new civ is released in 5 year intervals

Yes. Every civilization except for one has had a 5 year buffer before it was released. I believe it went like this:
Civilization: 1991
Civilization 2: 1996
Civilization 3: 2001
Civilization 4: 2005
Civilization 5: 2010

So we can deduce it will come somewhere in the next 3 years, if ever.

Firaxis is still working on V as well as XCOM, so no, I don't think it is officially in development.

Firaxis is still working on V as well as XCOM, so no, I don't think it is officially in development.

Are they working on a strategy game? I stopped reading about X-com posts or anything X-com related when I saw that article justifying bastardizing the series into an FPS first.

This is the reason why I appreciate Firaxis. They respect their players and trust their product enough to allow us time to enjoy what they make. I'm sick of seeing a new CoD every 5 months, and DLC for them every 4 weeks.

If Civ VI ever comes out, then I would think I will be before 2015. This fall patch is probably their last attempt in my mind at restoring the game. Civ V was a huge step from Civ IV, so many things were changed. If Civ VI ever does come out (and it probably will), it will look a lot like Civ V but have all the features, little things, and depth that Civ IV did. Well at least that's my opinion.

If Civ VI ever comes out, then I would think I will be before 2015. This fall patch is probably their last attempt in my mind at restoring the game. Civ V was a huge step from Civ IV, so many things were changed. If Civ VI ever does come out (and it probably will), it will look a lot like Civ V but have all the features, little things, and depth that Civ IV did. Well at least that's my opinion.

Restored? G&K was/is being critically well received. The patch is just expected follow up on the stuff they added and small things they broke and that list isn't nearly as crazy as when Vanilla came out.

If anything most people are expecting a DLC or two and at least one more expansion pack. Before they really need to consider a flashier engine.

I'd hope they release a second xpac for CiV before moving on to the next installment in the series, as there's still more they can do with the game. But with the advent of DLC, I really do think a second xpac is less likely than in the past. My bet is we'll get another year and a half of DLC's before we hear anything about Civ6 being in development.

Restored? G&K was/is being critically well received. The patch is just expected follow up on the stuff they added and small things they broke and that list isn't nearly as crazy as when Vanilla came out.

If anything most people are expecting a DLC or two and at least one more expansion pack. Before they really need to consider a flashier engine.

What I mean by restored is attempting to make the game acceptable by Civ IV diehards. I'm not saying that Civ V is bad in any way; it just isn't as highly regarded as Civ IV is and is will be their last attempt to fix that.

What I mean by restored is attempting to make the game acceptable by Civ IV diehards. I'm not saying that Civ V is bad in any way; it just isn't as highly regarded as Civ IV is and is will be their last attempt to fix that.

When they do make Civ VI, they really need to make it such that the player is not an immortal communist autocrat (unless they want to be ;)). God, that is the most immersion-busting aspect of Civilization for me....

Their focusing a ton on DLC this time around, I think. So we can expect more game-changers like G&K to come around.

I think we can expect a second expansion pack before they set their site on the next installment, along with some DLC. GnK really improved the hell out of Civ V for me, it finally has some 'thickness' to it if you know what I mean. It's still not as deep as Civ IV, but GnK I think partially closed the gap. This new Fall Patch is something to look forward to as well, a lot of very nice details are being fixed/improved.

I would really like for them to change up the Social Policies, or add to them. It works fine as a gameplay mechanic, but I think that they would benefit from a bit more depth.

Not that I have any secret information, but I'd expect that Firaxis has started some preliminary work on a new engine, but not necessarily CVI itself. I doubt they'd use the same one for 3 games. Plus, I'm pretty sure the old engine is partially responsible for the sluggish, unoptimized experience many have with CiV.

Not that I have any secret information, but I'd expect that Firaxis has started some preliminary work on a new engine, but not necessarily CVI itself. I doubt they'd use the same one for 3 games. Plus, I'm pretty sure the old engine is partially responsible for the sluggish, unoptimized experience many have with CiV.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were starting the groundwork either. To build a new game of this scale from the engine up would take several years. That's not to say they'll halt development of V by any means, but they'll slowly start to transition small parts of the dev team from one game to the next as less and less manpower is needed to keep V current. We likely won't hear anything about VI's development for another couple years, but that doesn't mean they aren't at least firmly into the planning stages.

Also, RE Xcom; it looks absolutely fantastic. They've changed a few things, but it still remains pretty faithful to the original. I'm very excited about it, and I'm a hard guy to please when it comes to remakes.

Civ VI is in the early stages, and will be released in ca 3 years from now. I'd be surprised if they havent already started the process.

This doesn't mean we won't get more CIv5 content while waiting for Civ6.

Some never regarded IV as better than III...there will always be people that will not change over for some reason or another.

Top Bottom