CivRev on DS. Experiences and Thoughts

CivRev on DS: As good as the consoles? (Please explain)

• Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better than Consoles

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Don't Know/Undecided

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Thinker19930602

Ideas Guy (a.k.a.Thinker)
Hello. Has anyone who has had the pleasure of playing Civilization Revolution played it on the Nintendo DS? If you have, post experiences you've had playing it and your thoughts on the DS version. Dont forget to vote on the Poll!

Other than the lack of information (no civilopdedia), and a few other small ommissions, I now prefer the DS version to the 360 demo (I haven't got the full game).

The games play a little quicker on the DS (less animation to watch) and I prefer the top down view, although the UI is a bit clunky.

The tech handouts on the 2k web site have provided most of the missing information so I now know what units and wonders to plan for.

Besides the UI problems, your right in that most of the game is great. the lack of a civlopedia is no big deal, but the one frustrating thing is that when you have a unit selected, it displays a picture on the top screen but no data like movment range, combat power, or health, just a picture and promotions.

I can never find 4 player multiplayer games, instead just getting no AI handicap, head to head games where the other player quits as soon as he sees a catapult army.

I can never find 4 player multiplayer games, instead just getting no AI handicap, head to head games where the other player quits as soon as he sees a catapult army.

Nice, I've never had any online multiplayer games because i can never find one...

its not as good as the consoles. The visuals of the console is what makes it. the ds is too bland and lifeless in its top- down state.

Top Bottom