Civs specific techs...

laski

Chieftain
Hi I would like to know how to create specifics techs civs...

For example, in the Warhammer fantasy mod, the sylvanians's got "Vampirism", a TECH that only can be discovered by them.

Well I want to do something like that, but I have no idea how to do it

I checked the techs in WH2.biq but I didn't find the way.

Well That's all, hope you can help me (again)

Thanks

In fact, I want to create a specific goverment for a civ. First the TECH specific for that civ, and then the goverment (the necesary tech for the new goverment would be the specific tech). Is it possible ??

Thank you again

It can be done in C3C. Let's say you want to create "English Monarchy" as a government type specific to England.

Create a tech (lets say "English Culture") and set its era to "none" and click on "cannot be traded." Give this to England (and only England) as a free advance at the start of the game.

Create "English Monarchy" tech, making sure that you make "English Culture" a pre-requisite. The only civ that will be able to research it is England, as that is the only civ that will ever have "English Culture" - as its era is "none" it will never be offered as a research option to any civ, and as it cannot be traded, no-one else can ever have it.

This is only one example. The civ-specific tech can do anything you like - create a resource only your civ can use, or unit, building etc.

IMO the tutorial is overly complex. Just create one or more non-era advances (with no effect), make it a prerequisite of the techs you want to be unique to some civilizations, and then give it to the civilizations as a beginning tech . You know you got it right if the tech doesn't appear on the science table of other civilizations.

Make sure you check Not Tradable and Not Required for Era Progression boxes. If you want to add civ-specific techs to later eras, you have to create another civ-specific tech or link it to one of the unique techs you created for the preceeding era.

If you make a civ-specific tech a prerequisite to a government, nobody else should be able to research it, but that doesn't mean that the computer will use the gov't either, so don't forget to make it the civilization's favourite gov't (although I have no idea if this has an actual effect on anything - the computer will still use other gov'ts to suit its needs).

Top Bottom