Civs that won't go away in your games

njmfff

Prince
Does any one of you have some civ that seems to be in every of your game, or at least in the most?

My candidates are:

Spain - seems to be very often, almost 50% chance that she will spawn close to me.

The Aztecs - it seems that they just won't go away, and happen to be in 99% of my games. :lol:

Mongolia - In most of my games.

Portugal - she seems to be in every of my games.

The Celts - much like Spain, Boudicca likes spawning 50% of the time, right next to me. At that point, I forget about religion. :lol:

Siam - seems like he's in every third game I make.

Rome - this guy won't go away, he seems to be in every single game, often either far away from me or right next to me.

Denmark - I also get Harald very often in my games, but at least he seems to be in mood not to appear in every game like Monthy or August. :lol:

The Netherlands - He's like Monthy, only more colorful version of it. :rolleyes:

Other honorable mentions:

America - tends to be in my games very often, but always ends up being taken out by other civs. (It cracks me up every time America goes for Order, then tells me two of us will be good communists. :lol: )

Russia - She was in almost every of my GnK games, now she doesn't spawn as much, but still she pops up in every 5th game. And she's usually most annoying, which I like to take out as soon as possible, because I hate clearing out her 30+ 1 pop cities that are three titles away from my cities. :rolleyes:

I think my most common phrase when playing civ v is "FFS, Montezuma again?".

A consistent pest.

Korea. I hate playing against them because you pretty much have to clip their wings at some point to stop them from running away in science. They're also very pushy about their religion (they like founding Confucianism).

Greece. Seems Alex is in at least half of my games...

France. This never used to be the case but I swear Napoleon shows up in almost every game I start these days.

Agree with you - the random factor doesn't seem that random at all.

Very often I will see:
- Spain
- Rome
- Babylon
- Iroquis
- Russia

Mongols, Inca, Germany (since BNW especially), Aztecs get a honorable mention.

I have yet to see Indonesia spawn in my game. Rare civs include Egypt, Greece, Carthage, Maya.

Ugh, Iroqouis. They don't show up in all of my games, but when they do it's just so predictable. They're ALWAYS the runaway civ. Always. I don't understand why because their UA sucks and their UU and UB don't really make up for it.

Every time Venice shows up is one time too many.

Others that seem common but who I don't really detest are Attila, Dido, Maria Theresa and William. They're all good for the competition.

Zulu. Since BNW was released, Zulu nearly every single game. I'm starting to really get bored by him.

Portugal, but she's very nice. I like her.

Denmark. Harald is very often in my games, and unless I annoy him, he's my best friend. Loves getting Hanging Gardens. (?)

Inca. This guy appears, and either breaks our DoF with a backnouncement if I warmonger or remains a loyal friend otherwise.

Spain. She's rarely successful. In fact, I don't remember a single time of her doing well.

'Murica. Always takes Order.

Pedro is often seen too. Not as often as those above though.

Used-to-be

Russia. Often present, always runaway, I don't think I saw her more than once in BNW.

Babylon. Once I saw the guy A LOT of games in a row and I started to really like Nebuchadnezzar. He was reasonable and acted wisely (for an AI), even if he typically ended up attacking me. Nice guy though.

Ethiopia. I saw him only once since BNW IIRC!

FORGOT CARTHAGE. Yeah, Dido is always often in my games, typically near me and annoying enough I end up slaying her.

Carthage has been in every one of my games lately. And Sweden has been in most of them.

Greece and Russia. Also America shows up often, but I love ole Wash in my games. He is almost as Good an ally as Pocatello.

I think my most common phrase when playing civ v is "FFS, Montezuma again?".

A consistent pest.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Monty just n'er goes away from my games
Every game either spawn right next to me or on the same continent
Spam cities at my face upon T50 every game

Poly-friggi-Nesia. I actively disable the DLC nowadays but if anyone could tell me how to PERMA-Disable it without screwing up the game, that'd be great. I hate having to recheck it every time I start up BNW.

Poly-friggi-Nesia. I actively disable the DLC nowadays but if anyone could tell me how to PERMA-Disable it without screwing up the game, that'd be great. I hate having to recheck it every time I start up BNW.

Go to the civ folder in your DLC files, move ployneisa to a safe file. That way you can put them back at a later date. I did this for a long time after Austria came out.

For me, its usually Siam - almost every game.

Others that pop up frequently - Spain, Carthage (biggest liar i've ever dealt with), and Mongolia (though he's rarely much of a problem - more of a kitten than a Khan!)

I don't have any, although I have this ONE civ I have almost never seen : Japan. 350 hours of playtime (since Vanilla, September 2010), and I ended up against him only once.

Oh, now I think of it, since BNW Indonesia seem to show up very often. And does a very poor job systematically.

Portugal - she seems to be in every of my games.

Portugal, but she's very nice. I like her.

Denmark. Harald is very often in my games, and unless I annoy him, he's my best friend. Loves getting Hanging Gardens. (?)

Luuckyyyy! :sad: I want to play a game where Portugal is present, but I have yet to. I love their music!
And Denmark rarely appears, and usually gets taken out really quickly, so even in games where Harald is present, I don't get to meet him... I love his leaderscreen, and he just seems like a friendly fellow - even when declaring war! :)

But, anyway:
The Celts - much like Spain, Boudicca likes spawning 50% of the time, right next to me. At that point, I forget about religion. :lol:
This. It's rare the game where The Celts are not present. It's really annoying to because I know they'll be there by turn 10 or so, so it isn't exciting when I "finally" meet her...

Also, in both my BNW games, Brazil is present! :) I like Pedro, he's a nice guy... Also like the fact that he speaks my language! :D For some reason, I like leaders I understand what they are saying (so Elizabeth, Washington, Maria I, Pedro, Isabella, Napoleon, and to a certain extent Augustus Caesar and Enrico Dandolo)
That, and if we ever go to war, I get to hear the best war theme from BNW! :p

Polynesia, who always seems to unite a friendship league against me, and Morocco who just has to say something to me EVERY SINGLE TURN. Al-Mansur just won't shut up! Spain and Greece are also very common in my games.

FORGOT CARTHAGE. Yeah, Dido is always often in my games, typically near me and annoying enough I end up slaying her.

Yeah, she's usually the most annoying thinking she's all big and evil, but I can never take her seriously. If she spawns next to me, she attacks (always) and ends up losing her capital, along with few other cities. but I guess, every civ that ends up being close to more experienced player is doomed right from the start. :D

but I've seen her doing fine in some games, even taking out other civs. :eek:

America
Russia
Persia
Iroquois
Spain
Zulus
Rome
The Huns
Mongolia
Denmark

Ones that never appear
- Poland
- Venice
- Sweden
- Incas

For some reason, I like leaders I understand what they are saying (so Elizabeth, Washington, Maria I, Pedro, Isabella, Napoleon, and to a certain extent Augustus Caesar and Enrico Dandolo)

Heh, same here - although my bunch is a bit different, I only understand Gustav Adolf, Napoleon, and a bit of the Latin/Italian gang. In addition to the English-speaking people, of course.

I must get Denmark DLC just to see if I can understand Mr. Bluetooth as well.

Common:
Morocco (like, every game)
Arabia
England

Rare:
India (seen him once since BNW release, over 15 games)
Korea
Portugal

Top Bottom