[BNW] Clarify my error in xml files

drakenfall

Chieftain
i think i typed the coding instrctions wrongly in the xml files to disable ideologies. here is the attached file of a screenshot for you to check my error.

Attachments

• disable ideologies.docx
    58 KB · Views: 53
First of all, why do you have so many empty "Row" entries? I wouldn't be surprised if that was causing mayhem.

Second of all, I don't think it's possible to disable ideologies through XML alone, you also need to consider it will utterly break the UI element (Policy Screen), and might even become unhinged when the game tries to trigger the Ideology Selection because no Ideologies are present.

You also shoved the PolicyBranchTypes within the PolicyBranch_Disables, which means the game is tryhing to search for PolicyBranchTypes inside the Disable one, they should be on seperate tables instead

So move the PollicyBranchType block underneath the closing (</) of PolicyBranch_Disables

First of all, why do you have so many empty "Row" entries? I wouldn't be surprised if that was causing mayhem.

Second of all, I don't think it's possible to disable ideologies through XML alone, you also need to consider it will utterly break the UI element (Policy Screen), and might even become unhinged when the game tries to trigger the Ideology Selection because no Ideologies are present.

You also shoved the PolicyBranchTypes within the PolicyBranch_Disables, which means the game is tryhing to search for PolicyBranchTypes inside the Disable one, they should be on seperate tables instead

So move the PollicyBranchType block underneath the closing (</) of PolicyBranch_Disables
Disable Ideologies | CivFanatics Forums cos i was following this thread's instructions. can u check where i left out?

Top Bottom