Cleopatra's Nose (First Story)

You ever get a nagging feeling that you left something unfinished? Yeaaaaaah. I was just thinking about buying Civ V Brave New World (I played Vanilla and hated it, but everyone says that a lot has been fixed...) and was poking around for info and found this site. And then it all came flooding back.

Right after that last update (more than seven years ago wow) the computer I had everything saved on completely fried on me. Everything was gone. That plus law school pretty much killed my urge to write this. I am really sorry I just left like that.

The game was finished. I conquered Byzantium and much later Maya as well. I rushed culture buildings everywhere and my culture skyrocketed. The Dutch, Chinese, and Indians all stayed very strong in the New World. The Chinese and Dutch turned to Fascism and wiped out the Celts and Romans, the Indians were kept strong by constant gifts of money and very powerful armies. The Dutch and Chinese pushed each other back and forth for the rest of the game and I had a long, prosperous peace to build up to my first culture victory. The whole world indeed bowed to Egypt in the end. I wish I still had the notes and pictures, I had it all set up to write. C'est la vie.

Writing this story was a lot of fun and reading it back even moreso. Thanks again to everyone who commented and encouraged me, it did mean a lot at the time and I'm sorry again I vanished like that.

Top Bottom