Shades of the Sun
Supporter
The Past
Part 1: Clown Car 2016
Part 2: Clown Car II: Revenge of the Clowns
Part 3: Clown Car III: Who's Laughing Now
Part 4: Clown Car IV: The Dotard and the Dunce Parade
Part 5: Clown Car V: 2020 version!
Part 6: Clown Car VI: Hello, Goodbye, On to 2024.

Back By Popular Demand!... Well actually just @Gori the Grey 's demand... I give you the latest instalment of our Clown Car thread... where we traditionally discuss the ongoing US POTUS campaign... but mostly, the Republican/GOP nomination, and all related subjects, in a completely non RD fashion.

Enjoy... or don't, I honestly don't gaf. Welcome to the Clown Car :D

First . . . 🎵🎵Happy Birthday Mr. (Twice Impeached, Twice Indicted, so far) President.

Thread is being opened on Trump's 77th Birthday. (And one day after his second criminal arraignment)

What'd you* get him?

I got him a cake with a file in it. Get it? with a file in it!

*the Civil you

Last edited:
I'm not so sure, he might choose them just to humiliate them like he did with Chris Christie.
He is an impulsive, narcissistic, bully. I wouldn't put anything past him.

In theory, yeah, but I think we have strong evidence trump's mind doesn't work that way. Remember, Christie was chosen for an expendable job, literally, and was fired PDQ. Trump wouldn't be able to just fire his VP if he won the election (at least, I don't think he can do that - someone check up on that for me).

But anyway it's exactly because he's a narcissistic bully that he won't put anyone who's "crossed" him in the VP slot.

The Past
Part 1: Clown Car 2016
Part 2: Clown Car II: Revenge of the Clowns
Part 3: Clown Car III: Who's Laughing Now
Part 4: Clown Car IV: The Dotard and the Dunce Parade
Part 5: Clown Car V: 2020 version!
Part 6: Clown Car VI: Hello, Goodbye, On to 2024.

Back By Popular Demand!... Well actually just @Gori the Grey 's demand... I give you the latest instalment of our Clown Car thread... where we traditionally discuss the ongoing US POTUS campaign... but mostly, the Republican/GOP nomination, and all related subjects, in a completely non RD fashion.

Enjoy... or don't, I honestly don't gaf. Welcome to the Clown Car :D

After 21 months it is back!

Humanity has been improved by AI and technological advances, so every day is better than the last.

I think Trump still has some clown in him, he's not all played out yet. 🤡

First . . . Happy Birthday Mr. (Twice Impeached, Twice Indicted, so far) President.
You forgot "disgraced, former"
Thread is being opened on Trump's 77th Birthday. (And one day after his second criminal arraignment)
I heard on the news speculation that they were intentionally waiting to indict him on his birthday. I like to think they did it the day before instead... so as not to appear too petty/cruel.
What'd you* get him?

I got him a cake with a file in it. Get it? with a file in it!

*the Civil you
:) Reminds me of that scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure when he tries to hand his friend Mickey the convict a footlong hotdog with a file in it and totally telegraphs it to the prison bus guard with an exaggerated wink and enunciation of the word "footlong".

Thanks, Sommer:

Great thread subtitle, by the way.

Last edited:
Nice revival!

This thread is gonna be yuge, and Mexico is gonna pay for it.

But anyway it's exactly because he's a narcissistic bully that he won't put anyone who's "crossed" him in the VP slot.
Prolly pick Nauta as VP.

That would be highly amusing, wouldn't it?
If they both went to jail that would make McCarthy the acting POTUS if they won the election...

I wonder if the cabinet would invoke the 25th Amendment if the President-elect was incarcerated at the time of their inauguration :think:

If they both went to jail that would make McCarthy the acting POTUS if they won the election...
Whoa there, fella. Let's not get out ahead of our skis. This rests on the assumption that McCarthy will still be speaker in 2024.

I wonder if the cabinet would invoke the 25th Amendment if the President-elect was incarcerated at the time of their inauguration :think:

I tend to agree with Gori (possibly?) that the balance of factors in operation militate against McCarthy being Speaker by then. But nothing would surprise me anymore.

Yeah, I was actually joking, because I in fact think McCarthy will stay as speaker. Simply because they won't be able to find anyone else around whom their caucus could rally. They could barely settle on McCarthy. There will be constant talk about removing him, but I don't think even the crazies will pull the trigger.

But let's follow Sommer's logic and say that if the prez and veep are incarcerated, the office goes as per the order of succession. And let's further say that the house has voted out the speaker and not settled on another one.

Patty Murray, ftw.

. . . the hell?

Last edited:
Yeah, I was actually joking, because I in fact think McCarthy will stay as speaker. Simply because they won't be able to find anyone else around whom their caucus could rally. They could barely settle on McCarthy. There will be constant talk about removing him, but I don't think even the crazies will pull the trigger.

I think the Dems will retake the House in 2024.

Meh, I could easily be wrong about that. I guess if the Republicans keep the House then I agree with you. But they might not keep the House.

Anyway, don't matter. This thread is for lols.

And thinking to you*rself that Patty Murray is fourth in line to the Presidency is the lol.

*the Civil you

Top Bottom