Coincidence or Cause?

I_qua_I

Prince
The game crashes for me now multiple times, without fail, every game I play. Does anyone know if this has anything to do with the recent hotfix that was supposed to address crashes? The game never crashed save once in a bue moon prior to the hotfix's release. Is anyone else experiencing this?

for me, crashes from saves stopped after hotfix, but the number of crashes from graphics doubled, i turned down the resolution and have not crashed once since doing so. strange, because i am running gtx 260's in sli and updated to the newest drivers, but still crashed at 1920x1080

It is kinda funnny that the more fixes and patches are out the more crashes i have. I bought the game one week after release and never had any crashes. I had some after the first big patch but no big deal and since the last hotfix i have several every game. I even cant finish a game because it crashes after pressing "next turn" which i never had before.

It is kinda funnny that the more fixes and patches are out the more crashes i have. I bought the game one week after release and never had any crashes. I had some after the first big patch but no big deal and since the last hotfix i have several every game. I even cant finish a game because it crashes after pressing "next turn" which i never had before.

Close some of the programs you have running in the background to free up processor and RAM space.

Close some of the programs you have running in the background to free up processor and RAM space.

Closing up the program in foreground might save you more crashes.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Ive played out dozens of games and I have had two games crash at what appear to be predetermined points - the game would crash - reloading to an earlier save would allow me to play for a certain number of turns and on the EXACT same turn as before the game would crash again.

Launching a new game would have no problems, I could play for 10 hours straight with no problem - it was something that was happening specifically within THAT exact game.... no idea what tho.

Ive played out dozens of games and I have had two games crash at what appear to be predetermined points - the game would crash - reloading to an earlier save would allow me to play for a certain number of turns and on the EXACT same turn as before the game would crash again.

Launching a new game would have no problems, I could play for 10 hours straight with no problem - it was something that was happening specifically within THAT exact game.... no idea what tho.

My suggestion is what worked when I kept getting crashes. The solution I found was to close programs.

My suggestion is what worked when I kept getting crashes. The solution I found was to close programs.

The problem I had was obviously not computer resource related - I could load the same saved game 2 days later and it would still crash at the same point. Interestingly both times were not very far into the game where massive numbers of units might be expected to cause some sort of resource issue.

The problem I had was obviously not computer resource related - I could load the same saved game 2 days later and it would still crash at the same point. Interestingly both times were not very far into the game where massive numbers of units might be expected to cause some sort of resource issue.

What are your system specs? Civ5 was running on average, with a x64 processor and 8GB or RAM when I had to start closing programs. Even on a standard map. The game has been known to have issues with Huge maps, and I have trouble with the Large ones sometimes.

When I kept CTDing, it was every time I loaded the save and got to the turn.

What are your system specs? Civ5 was running on average, with a x64 processor and 8GB or RAM when I had to start closing programs. Even on a standard map. The game has been known to have issues with Huge maps, and I have trouble with the Large ones sometimes.

When I kept CTDing, it was every time I loaded the save and got to the turn.

Q6600/4GB/8800GT - I realize its not a "new" PC but I play pretty much strictly small maps using DX9 (although my video card is capable of DX10)

I dont tend to have a lot of open programs anyway and I know that it wasnt a problem when I had the 2 games with the recurring crash point. Just this AM I finished a game that was MUCH later and I was tabbing in and out with Firefox open, email and open office document - no problems.

One of the crash games was saved on the turn of the crash - I must have loaded that game 5 or 6 times and it crashed each time. Opening an autosave from 5 turns earlier would crash the game 5 turns after loading. To me this seems like some condition within the game (such as a wonder being completed or something very time specific) was triggering some kind of error condition which crashed the game.

Top Bottom