Collated list of remaining issues

I at least wish it would not change your unit production mid-build when you discover something new.

This was the case for previous games as well. You can make use of it by prebuilding units you don't have access to yet by dumping production into their precursors.

If the advanced unit requires resources you can still build the precursor in some cases by parking all your resources of that type in the production queue of some fishing village (behind whatever the city is actually supposed to build). You can then build the precursor unit and upgrade it after removing one of the dummy units in the fishing village production queue. Requires very careful planning and micromanagement because there is more of the resource coming in all the time. I think it works like that anyway. This is a trick I saw in a MP game. Haven't tried it myself.

Slow down killers.

Religion passive pressure does not need to be increased. You should have to play the game to get religions spreading, so you should spend faith, move units, choose who to convert.

I can make exception for belief choices as if the player wants to sacrifice a religious bonues or two for the sake of passive pressure then go for it.

game speeds should be optional. I already play online speed and do not like longer epic games. If you want long epic then play long epic setting. If thats not long epic enough then adjust that setting itself.

It's missing the one issue, which, if solved, could fix most if not all the listed issues - modder DLL access

Not all, specifically those related to crashes from memory allocation or graphic, but most issues (including all from the OP at this time), yes.

To be fair, a lot should already be fixable by a community patch with the current tools.

+1 to the volcano/flood etc graphics disappearing when certain improvements are built. It is still being reported on steam and doesn't seem to be driver related. It was noticed on gameplay feed the day before the April patch went live.

It's missing the one issue, which, if solved, could fix most if not all the listed issues - modder DLL access

I really doubt we'll get the dll code at this point which will be a complete break with prior practice. No CPP and no vox populi.

I really doubt we'll get the dll code at this point which will be a complete break with prior practice. No CPP and no vox populi.
Yeah and it's sad. I really can't stand playing Civ6 for very long before I think to myself "why am I not playing modded Civ4 or 5 instead?". What I'm most curious about is why won't Firaxis/2K release it, do they think it'd compete with their own DLC sales (I doubt it would) or has it to do with legal reasons that are outside of their hands.

I do not like this approach, because it turns companies into Bethseda. Release a pile of crap and have the community fix it.

It is only me or game just ignores civ pool settings? I made pangea game and deselect all "water" civs only to met Maori and Portugal later. Maybe is there a mod for it?

Yeah and it's sad. I really can't stand playing Civ6 for very long before I think to myself "why am I not playing modded Civ4 or 5 instead?". What I'm most curious about is why won't Firaxis/2K release it, do they think it'd compete with their own DLC sales (I doubt it would) or has it to do with legal reasons that are outside of their hands.

Someone on this forum posited the theory that Firaxis may have leased some commerical code for use within 6 and scrubbing that code out while making a working DLL may have been too much of a hassle.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was that.

I have compiled what I believe to be the remaining major issues. Please tell me if I missed anything obvious.

The one issue i found?
That you seek balance.

Don't take it personally.
But to me, this is a big problem.
When the pole will be melted, everything will be perfectly balanced.... just think about it...

take care.
J.

ps. A mod that makes city always zero health, so Ai needs to put units inside, and in the mod city do not juxtapose the zero health to the unit, could be an interesting test to see if the Ai could change its tactics, switching to actually build some units and not just focus on buildings.

All governments type should have access to some policies, not all, not equals at least!

Last edited:
the AI is still not deploying aircraft IIRC. I mean it build them, attack with them, but does not use the "deploy" action and does not use them defensively.

Aircrafts???
I can't recall a single game where Ai built Legionaires, or redcoats, or Immortals... only once I had a TSL Earth game with a Samurai showdown taking the entirety of Indian and Pacific Oceans by storm in early-mid centuries... Air units???

European medieval naval superiority should roll over the world, ruling the seas... it boils down to other underlying issues... units embarkment... it needs to go with city health to make Ai less focused on territory... also resources needs a road AND connection to the capital... Ai needs to think outside its little box to be able to put up a little resistance... a marine route is unnecessary if resources are immediately av... air routes makes less sense than a burlesque club in Kabul... air commerce was first introduced, only later came military applications, sorry, out of topic maybe... but camels are notorious to love carpets... if pirate zeppelins could steal flying camels, then perhaps Ai could build some Flaks here and there to shoot them down??? If Trade routes would be THE only way to gather resources obv. and would have anything to do with yields and food... (the old good civ II way of trading a nice starting point...ya want food? fine. Ya want iron or food? Ya can't have both with the same camel...)

Last edited:
ps. A mod that makes city always zero health, so Ai needs to put units inside, and in the mod city do not juxtapose the zero health to the unit, could be an interesting test to see if the Ai could change its tactics, switching to actually build some units and not just focus on buildings.

I think I have found a solution for this. In my (personal) mod, I have these lines:

UPDATE PseudoYields SET DefaultValue = 4 WHERE PseudoYieldType = 'PSEUDOYIELD_STANDING_ARMY_NUMBER'; -- was 1
UPDATE PseudoYields SET DefaultValue = .4 WHERE PseudoYieldType = 'PSEUDOYIELD_STANDING_ARMY_VALUE'; -- was 0.1

The armies get up to s strength of 1500 or so during the classical era for most civs (on Immortal). Setting it too high will result in the AI running out of money -- this could be combatted by lowering the unit maintenance, tho.

Reactions: uhu
The one issue i found?
That you seek balance.

Don't take it personally.
But to me, this is a big problem.
When the pole will be melted, everything will be perfectly balanced.... just think about it...

take care.
J.

All governments type should have access to some policies, not all, not equals at least!

It is like you designed this post to be as annoying as possible...

Sometimes I go back to Civ 5, get massively forward settled and I can't do anything about it except go on a crusade burning a few low pop cities, which causes everyone to hate me for the rest of the game because warmonger penalties in civ 5 are absurdly high. That's what causes me to go back to Civ 6 sometimes... loyalty flipping. If some modder puts that in Civ 5, I'd probably play that 90% of the time instead of being about 50/50 between 5/6 like I am now

Sometimes I go back to Civ 5, get massively forward settled and I can't do anything about it except go on a crusade burning a few low pop cities, which causes everyone to hate me for the rest of the game because warmonger penalties in civ 5 are absurdly high. That's what causes me to go back to Civ 6 sometimes... loyalty flipping. If some modder puts that in Civ 5, I'd probably play that 90% of the time instead of being about 50/50 between 5/6 like I am now
Unmodded 5 was certainly also flawed in its own ways. I haven't played it for years now.
I'm not aware of a loyalty mod for 5 though I havent looked for such. Maybe someone has created a mod like that already.
I really enjoyed a certain Civ 4 modpack back in the day which had such a system though, the component's name was RevolutionDCM if I remember correctly.

Issues: crashes, crashes, crashes.
I tried DX11 and DX12, with mods, without mods, every possible combination. I have a good computer but I could not play without a crash for about a year now. Sometimes the next crash occurs right after reloading (which also takes too long compared to other software). How can a game that has had so many patches and updates over the years be so incredibly unstable?

Issues: crashes, crashes, crashes.
I tried DX11 and DX12, with mods, without mods, every possible combination. I have a good computer but I could not play without a crash for about a year now. Sometimes the next crash occurs right after reloading (which also takes too long compared to other software). How can a game that has had so many patches and updates over the years be so incredibly unstable?

I has similar issue which laster maybe 2 years. At some point of time, I had surrendered and I marked F5 button (Quick-Save) on my keyboard by white lighting mark, for easy Save-ing. I was Saving few times during a single turn, as the game crashed very often.

Tried so many things.

But one day I changed a SINGLE random graphics setting in a game, it was turning-off dynamic lighting.

Maybe that is a coincidence maybe not, but but since half a year no single crash occured.

But all in all, I agree with all listed here issues and I can not understand thay Firaxis surrendered in a definitely bigger scale than me on crashes/

Top Bottom