College Football

I think they'd make great sleepers but I'm not quite sure how much Arrington and Manningham have proven themselves. However, I don't see why they'd stay for a rebuilding year where injury is likely and you don't even know what kind of offense you'll be running. Especially when you look at this year's seniors, half of whom were injured some time this year and probably had their stock drop.

Man, if Michigan doesn't get Pyror (and Ohio State, for some reason, feels pretty confident that they're going to get him), they are going to be toast for a few years.

I think he has Florida, Oregon, OSU and Michigan as his top choices--no favorite yet

Man, if Michigan doesn't get Pyror (and Ohio State, for some reason, feels pretty confident that they're going to get him), they are going to be toast for a few years.

Looking at recruiting sites I see Michigan has 17 commits
2 --5* CB and RB
15--4* mostly defensive players, no QB

8 scholarships left

given 10 offers out ( including Pyror ) if these offers are taken 1 by 1, is Michigan going to hold one for Pyror if he keeps them waiting and risk losing offer players ? I understand he is # 1 rated QB but its been a month since RR arrived and Pyror decommitted from WVU--either he's coming or not.

Looking at recruiting sites I see Michigan has 17 commits
2 --5* CB and RB
15--4* mostly defensive players, no QB

8 scholarships left

given 10 offers out ( including Pyror ) if these offers are taken 1 by 1, is Michigan going to hold one for Pyror if he keeps them waiting and risk losing offer players ? I understand he is # 1 rated QB but its been a month since RR arrived and Pyror decommitted from WVU--either he's coming or not.

He's vital to their offense, so they really have to keep waiting. Their best QB is bolting, and everybody else on that roster is pretty stationary.

I understand that Pryor also wants to play basketball? That'll make Florida tough...

Pryor also went to Duke, and not just for basketball. David Cutcliffe is a renowned quaterbacks coach...maybe the basketball connection could help too, who knows.

Welcome to Arkansas Petrino--Mcfadden goes pro Saturday and Felix Jones today

Anyone else think this thread is ridiculously long?

5% of my total post count has taken place in here! 236 posts!

West Virginia reports that all their football files stored in coach RR office disappeared between RR signing with michigan and the feista bowl. When WVU coaches came back and opened RR old office it was empty.

Strength and conditioning files
Personal files
recruiting files
contact infromation
scholarship awarded money files
class attendence records
personal conduct records
summer camp files

RR and video coordinator Dusty Rutledge were seen in RR old office after his leaving and before the feista bowl. the employee did not report it right away thinking nothing of RR being in his old office.

RR hopes to get a "deal" on his 4 million buyout like the basketball coach did last year--good luck, I think WVU will fight you tooth and nail to the grave now.

I see a definite power struggle here happening in the near future with Rodriguez and Carr, and Carr might step down.

ugh

Carr did not want him --I wonder if Carr will not stay around just to keep an eye on him--Your reading Michael Curtis Ford, I got all his books.

Carr will be there for a couple years. Hopefully he will try to keep the players out of trouble (no more Pacman Jones please) and work on their character. Basically what he has been doing but without the xs and os. Hopefully he will persuade the department to toughen up on Rodriguez to make sure he's running a clean program.

And I'm rereading this Ford book. It happens to be my favorite one of his. I haven't picked up his latest one, though.

Petrino's job just got a bit easier going into 2009 with Ryan Mallet officially transferring to Arkansas.

I'm glad he didn't choose UCLA as he's clearly an idiot.

Petrino's job just got a bit easier going into 2009 with Ryan Mallet officially transferring to Arkansas.

He has to sit a year..

Like RR's statement on the WVU files? There's copies of that stuff with various coaching staff---NOT I didn't DO IT, but they have other copies.

He has to sit a year..

Like RR's statement on the WVU files? There's copies of that stuff with various coaching staff---NOT I didn't DO IT, but they have other copies.

Hence why I said 2009...:p

Bo certainly have something to say about Rich Rod if he were still around now...

Hence why I said 2009...:p

Bo certainly have something to say about Rich Rod if he were still around now...

Didn't see the 9 :crazyeye:

Charleston paper in WV now has RR cell records showing he contacted 3 Michigan recruits before he left in violation of a NCAA ' Quite time " ( no recruiting allowed )

RR just gave an interview to Toledo Blade at 11:30

"The lies need to stop, WVU out to get him"

Its not WVU doing most of this

Filegate broke by the Charleston Gazette

Phonegate broke by Charleston Daily Mail ( simplely by getting the freedom on infromation act to see his WVU cell records )

Didn't see the 9 :crazyeye:

Charleston paper in WV now has RR cell records showing he contacted 3 Michigan recruits before he left in violation of a NCAA ' Quite time " ( no recruiting allowed ) now the NCAA will refuse to let them switch to Michigan if they want too.

RR just gave an interview to Toledo Blade at 11:30

"The lies need to stop, WVU out to get him"

Its not WVU doing most of this

Filegate broke by the Charleston Gazette

Phonegate broke by Charleston Daily Mail ( simplely by getting the freedom on infromation act to see his WVU cell records )

Wait, so the NCAA won't let kids who have already committed to Michigan prior to Rich Rod becoming the coach go there because RR contacted them when he got the job??? What the heck? That doesn't make any sense.

Top Bottom