College Football

Wait, so the NCAA won't let kids who have already committed to Michigan prior to Rich Rod becoming the coach go there because RR contacted them when he got the job??? What the heck? That doesn't make any sense.

No thats my fault, I editted the post when I realized they were talking about Michigan recruits and not the WVU recruits he talked to after he left WVU to try to get them to come to Michigan.

Petrino's job just got a bit easier going into 2009 with Ryan Mallet officially transferring to Arkansas.
Mallett is a skilled qb but from watching him all season I could tell he's very arrogant and doesn't gel with his players at all. He got into I think two arguements on the sidelines with Lloyd this year.

So everyone remembers the McFadden getting a car from Mike Conley Sr. (Arkansas alumn), right? Well it turns out that Conley will be the "marketing agent" for both McFadden and also Felix Jones.

So everyone remembers the McFadden getting a car from Mike Conley Sr. (Arkansas alumn), right? Well it turns out that Conley will be the "marketing agent" for both McFadden and also Felix Jones.

Got the car for his mom--but he drove it all the time--but same idea, did anyone realy doudt it?

Lastest RR shot, WVU asst claims he was told by WVU he wouldn't replace RR because he was black, his agent announced it--acourse his agent is also RR's agent. WVU says they didn't concider him because he was at RR's Michigan press conference ( Hell he was the guy who introduced him at the PC ) and figured he was bolting to Michigan like the other Asst's.

Can someone get WVU & Michigan a room already? Gosh guys, keep that stuff at HOME :blush:

It has nothing to do with Michigan. It's all WVU and RR.

It has nothing to do with Michigan. It's all WVU and RR.

Since Michigan hired Rich-Rod, they get the label of being associated with this little mess in my mind ;)

Since Michigan hired Rich-Rod, they get the label of being associated with this little mess in my mind ;)

Granted most of the post hire crap has little to do with Michigan , who do they have to blame--themselves. They met with a coach illegally without his school knowing and knowing that coach had a buyout clause specificly for Michigan AFTER THEY DID THE SAME THING last year to the same school with their basketball coach. If Michigan thought this wasn't going to be messy they are blind, deaf and dumb. Had to know WVU wasn't going to take this well even before all the other crap started.

UCLA hires Norm Chow

Dude, this is seriously scary. Norm Chow is one of the best in the business. I think part of the reason Booty hasn't been up to Palmer and Leinart par is because he's working with Sarkisian instead of Chow.

Or because Palmer was a physical freak of nature? Or because Leinart is perhaps the best college quaterback of all time? (if it wasnt for Vince Young, it might be unarguable ;) )

I'm not going to blast Booty or Sarkisian because he could not be an all time great like those two.

Good for UCLA to get a real coach though, all in all :p

I'm so ready for next season.

Leinart was the best of all time? What about Elway? I don't even like him, but he was great. For that matter so was Jeff George. I mean Leinart had two pretty good running backs to throw the defense off, not to mention a pretty good o line, and great receivers.

Leinart had two of the best statistical seasons, had epic comeback moments (4th down pass to Jarrett AT Notre Dame for one), and nearly won two National Championships. I never even recall him being off his game once...really, someone point out a game because even in the one (two?) games he lost his whole career he played pretty well :p

I'm saying he has an argument for it ;)

I'd argue in favor of Tommie Frazier. Remember the Huskers had only beaten ONE top 20 team in the previous 4 years before Frazier got to Lincoln. While the Trojans were riding high off the success of Carson Palmer. Also, unlike Palmer, Frazier led the Cornhuskers to 3 straight national title games, winning two (Leinart had only one). Plus who can forget the 85 broken tackles and 199-yard rushing day vs. Florida...He may not have been able to throw well, but he just kept running and the Huskers kept winning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHbZ3T4rzA&feature=related

Yeah but they didn't even play that loaded up undefeated Penn state team did they? With two big running back busts, lawerence phillips and kijana carter. Say what you will about the BCS, at least that year it would have been a good thing. I don't know what QB I am angling for as the best of all time, but those two just don't do it for me.

Joe Montana or Roger Staubach maybe...but neither has the stats. Not that those are the most important things, they are just a nice tiebreaker. I can not even recall if Joe won a National Championship equivalent of any kind.

How many years did Ty Detmer start?

Top Bottom