Colonies 4.2 MP Tournament

Patient English

Designer
OK, I'm a sucker for these tournaments! :D

We seem to have some rock-solid people here though, and I have great hopes for speedy gameplay in the New Year. I am sending out the files to the competitors tonight, and whenever whoever is the French in the relevant game is happy that they have grasped the scenario changes, they can start.

For example, in Game #1 it is me (and it should only take me a few weeks to uderstand my own changes LOL). I am going to ask Duke to top this thread, like he kindly did for Bonaparte. [EDIT] Which he has just done, thanks, old chap![/EDIT] The other threads will sink or swim depending how quick we are at playing our turns!

I will initiate those other threads this evening too. I will show the play-order there, but it is also built-in to your scoring packs. I have tried to shuffle play order about a bit, to keep things less predicatable (I.e. Me vs Steve..:D )

In-House rules will be added to this thread as we agree them, but to start:

1) Yaro's CivDip 3.0 is to be approved for use, with the limitation that no "starred" techs can be traded. We will sort out Henrik's JavaEngine so he can use it too!
2) Everyone is to give prior warning if they are prevented from playing for over 48 hours, starting January 2nd.

The MP Betatest thread that started all this is, for reference HERE

You are toast in game 5 John :)

Could you place a link in your first post to the beta MP game?
That way if we want to refer back to it during the tourney we can do that. Thanks :)

Sure....

Now of course, knowing that you are gunning for me in #5 just makes it a more interesting judgement for my Dutch and Spanish friends as to when they time their attack upon you....:D

Believe me, France is is a heavily disorganised state at the start of this scenario.....I think little England might contrive to hold out for a bit...

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
Do you guys have enough players or do you want an annoucement on the Main Site?

We are good to go Duke :) THANKS FOR THE TOP! :b:

This is the cities.gif I was using for 4.1

Attachments

• cities.gif
    cities.gif
    82.1 KB · Views: 325
Originally posted by Patient English
Yeah, much better. Everyone download and use that if they want to, I have made no cities.gif changes for 4.2, MP or SP. I have just inserted it in my copy, and it looks great.

Thanks!

So what is different , just the flags?

Which Look very nice BTW! :)

I've read the older version, so i think i know the basics. But i guess playtesting is the best way to learn. Allthough the AI is soooo stupid ;)

It is indeed, but when I play 4.2 in SP mode, it is not so easy to beat! Particularly in European campaigns. There is no Fortress-building, so offensive warfare is tough - trying to get your Seige Mortars to survive outside the city walls for long enough to destroy the Revetted Fortress inside is tough!

John

I noticed the Players Notes were up graded and expanded (a lot!) for ver 4.11. :goodjob:

This is the copy of designers notes I have, is it the latest version?

Sorry to be asking so many questions but Im just trying to update all my "stuff" before the Tourney, and trying to write a relatively accurate article for the Duke.

Guys, I just returned tonight at an insane hour from Madrid. This morning I've read all your emails. I'll try to answer you between today and tomorrow. Sorry for the delay :)

Originally posted by yaroslav
Guys, I just returned tonight at an insane hour from Madrid. This morning I've read all your emails. I'll try to answer you between today and tomorrow. Sorry for the delay :)

No problem, we know you were gone and we are starting this one slow.

I had an incredably slow day yesterday, thats the only reason why Im caught up.

But just a warning Ill be out of touch until sometime mid week next week.

Ill probably check the forums tonight while you guys are sleeping and anxiously awaiting Santa and then I will only be on sporadically (if at all) for about the next 5 or 6 days.

Top Bottom