Colonisation civic error causing unhappiness for large civs?

Brett Caton

Chieftain
Edit: I'm guessing this is a Chronicles 2 error, in which case I'm not sure how to report it, and it looked like i can't edit those files manually.

I had fiefdom and it has no limit for happiness on the number of cities. I attained the tech for colonisation, switched over after a brief glance - and my happiness crashed?

Apparently you suffer a penalty for this civic for each city over 9? But Fiefdom does not have any city limits.

Seems like the reverse of how it's intended?

I'd fiddle with the xml but i'm not sure how to do that with civics, and i assume any changes are undone by the file checker.

Is this a bug or is that how it's intended to be?

Last edited:
If you are referring to switching from Chiefdom to Despotism, then there is a substantial happiness penalty. Despotism causes +50% unhappiness from population. I'm going to bring that down to +34% just to make it a little less painful. You can offset the penalty with units at +1 happiness/unit. In AND, Despotism has the "military police" effect that was part of Hereditary Rule in regular BTS.

Otherwise, please post screenshots or a saved game. I can barely tell what you are referring to.

Chronicles 2 stuff should be posted in its own thread. It's on page 2 of the forum. (We don't yet have a separate modmod forum.)

You should still be able to edit the files manually, but any files for a modmod are in the Modules sub-folder.

Chronicles 2 stuff should be posted in its own thread. It's on page 2 of the forum. (We don't yet have a separate modmod forum.)

You should still be able to edit the files manually, but any files for a modmod are in the Modules sub-folder.
Cheers! It looks like it is a Chronicles 2 issue - I just installed what I thought were options for the main mod, I haven't seen a modmod before.

Top Bottom