Colonization UnitArtstyle and Buildings

seasnake

Conquistador
Quick question to the team: I made a mod that added in Russia and Portugal as options, and now I thought it would be nice to make new unit/building artstyles, basically have an Iberian style for Spain/Portugal and another for Russia and at least citystyles for Netherlands down the line. I've taken several runs at this with no success. Has anyone managed to pull this off in their mods?

Likewise, I was thinking it may be possible to add unitart for the different soldiers/scouts and ships. But again, no luck so far.

It should work. It works for Civilization 4 and the art style code is preserved in Colonization. It's just not used as much as in Civilization.

Having said that, I will point out that both those Civilizations are present in We The People. Also that mod has more than 10 years worth of bugfixes and optimization so working based on vanilla seems like a dead end by now. Feel free to work on WTP, either by contributing to the mod or using it as a base for a new mod.

Thanks, I really enjoy the base game and not looking to change much of that right now. The civs I've added work very well right now and just give me more ways to play.

I've altered art in Civ 4 before and know how to do that, but cannot get the code to stick and translate into graphical changes in Colonization, and wondered if there was something preventing it. I will go back and try again.

Top Bottom