Color craziness

Kumquat

Not an Orange
What is wrong with colors for each civ? Seriously the last game I was in another civ had the same color as me :crazyeye: and the Aztecs where blue :lol: Is there any to fix it so each civ has one color and one color only without making a mod?

I think Ryhe mighta done some sorta patch for the colors. :hmm:

It's because the Firaxis guys are bad modders. They assigned the same colours to too many civs. It's easily fixed, but not without making a mod.

Changing the colours. You can't add more colours to the game.

Theoretically one could alter the conquests bic file like so...

Spoiler :

The Aztecs are lime :lol:

Yeah Heh... Wait..

The aztecs are always lime, atleast in my game.

I just play with the colour-blind help on - mostly because I am colour blind, so the similar colours don't really bother me.

The Japanese are normally brown aren't they? I know that the Vikings are usually light blue, and the English are orange, but other than that, I'm not really sure.

Yeah Heh... Wait..

The aztecs are always lime, atleast in my game.

The Japanese are normally brown aren't they? I know that the Vikings are usually light blue, and the English are orange, but other than that, I'm not really sure.

they're normally dark green for me.... both of them. The second common color for Japan is the dark red. and Vikings are usually purple (or light purple) I thought

are there different colors for different versions :confused:

I just play with the colour-blind help on - mostly because I am colour blind, so the similar colours don't really bother me.

haha, me too

There is a 31 colours mod available in the C&C section. I use it even though I don't have 31 Civs to play. I just wanted his signature blue colour for my Persians.

I found it. It is an older file so it should be safe from the ravages of the hackers.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=85016

The Japanese are dark green, with a backup color of maroon. I've never seen the Vikings as light blue. They're usually purple.

I can see colors, but I still like the color blind giving the name.
I found that out yesterday. I always saw the names on the screenshots here, but never cared for opening a thread about it.
Then I saw "color blind help" and thought 'if it helps the color blind, then why wouldn't it help me?
No I'm off to figure out the frikking Spy options.

I found that out yesterday. I always saw the names on the screenshots here, but never cared for opening a thread about it.
Then I saw "color blind help" and thought 'if it helps the color blind, then why wouldn't it help me?
No I'm off to figure out the frikking Spy options.

Regardless of being able to see colours, I still use the Colour Blind Help option because it tells me who the civilization is without me having to right-click.

When I used to play Civilization 3 a lot, I rarely used the Spy/Espionage options besides to 'inspect' their cities, in order to figure out flanking points and such.

Top Bottom