Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks (CCMAT)

Great collection Jooyo. Thanks for doing this, and keeping it updated.

Q: Has something in ver 8 changed the required culture for social policies? It seems like the cost has gone way up. I don't recall exactly when but the cost has gone from approx 12000 to 30000. I'm thinking it has something to do with puppet states or I could be imagining it.

I "crash" (stop loading) when i use the following setup:

Romans on Small continents, huge map and immortal setting with epic (faster production).

However it works, if I choose Epic (the standard)
This is strange, but I'll do some tests.

Q: Has something in ver 8 changed the required culture for social policies? It seems like the cost has gone way up. I don't recall exactly when but the cost has gone from approx 12000 to 30000. I'm thinking it has something to do with puppet states or I could be imagining it.
I don't touch anything in social policy and culture :) This cost depends of map size and number of cities (also anexed but no puppet states)

Ok I figured it out.

I started my game at Marathon 1500 Turns Faster Production, and now after upgrading to ver 8 the game speed has changed. It is now Legendary 3000 Turns. Barb huts provide twice the gold, gold provides twice the benefit from City States and Culture costs for policies are doubled.

No big deal as I'm almost done this game, I just thought I'd let you know.

hey jooyo !

first of all thanks for this mod and for your great work ! :goodjob:

still I have one question, and I think why I don't find the answer is cause of my english speaking, so sorry if the answer was just front of me ! so here I go with my question :

when I install your CCMAT mod, some mods don't seem to install. for instance, RED which is I think included in the mod, doesn't apply in my games. I wanted to know if there is something I should do more than install your mod ?

just to be sure I've set my game in english which allows me to see the good civilopedia entries.

anyway, thanks in advance for your answer !

cheers :)

How much RAM do you have? I started crashing on every reload from within the game in the second half of the game even on a *standard* sized map, with 4GB RAM! I'll be switching back to small on my next game to hopefully avoid that.

I was wondering why in the world people would want these even bigger sizes. It's well known that the game becomes almost unplayably slow on larger maps later on because of the lag caused by the unoptimized worker unit AI. See http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94139 for evidence/discussion of this.

Hmm 4GB RAM (but on Win XP, so 3.5GB) and 1GB on a graphics card. Seems I am stuck at huge maps only. Oh and I have never been able to load a game from game, with or without MODs... Pretty annoying.

Horseback Riding is never THAT far away! It's like 3 techs or so in, no? And this mod only affects possible upgrades, not goody hut upgrades. So they would have to have Horseback Riding to be allowed to upgrade to Horsemen. Are you running something else that allows easy good hut upgrades to Horsemen?

But yeah, I edited that one out of the upgrade list, not that I thought it too powerful, I thought it was too big a jump from a plain scout, and I'd rather have my scouts stay scouts.

Oh, that explains the question I was about to ask. How did Japan got a horseman without the technology and without horses. This should really be looked into. And how come he has 3 warriors and a horseman by the time I build my second warrior, having 2 in total?

I ran into a problem using Xienwolfs, Promotions. From the very first turn, what I'd like to call 'generic' promotions appear over units....

I was curious if there is a fix, or for that matter if anyone else has run into this problem. I looked into just removing the MoD from the package you uploaded, Jooyoo, but I was unable to locate it at ; documents/my games/civ5/mods.
edit: as a side note, I also have 'Valkrionns economy MoD, Historic city states; the forgotten Spain, MoDs as well installed.

On a whole though I enjoy the work you've put into this. :clap:

hey jooyo !

first of all thanks for this mod and for your great work ! :goodjob:

still I have one question, and I think why I don't find the answer is cause of my english speaking, so sorry if the answer was just front of me ! so here I go with my question :

when I install your CCMAT mod, some mods don't seem to install. for instance, RED which is I think included in the mod, doesn't apply in my games. I wanted to know if there is something I should do more than install your mod ?

just to be sure I've set my game in english which allows me to see the good civilopedia entries.

anyway, thanks in advance for your answer !

cheers :)
Hello,
install and than select CCMAT in installed mods thats all. All mods in my pack are not visible in browser but they should work. RED is enabled by default so I don't know why it don't work. Are you starting and loading your games from MODS=>SINGLE PLAYER ?

I ran into a problem using Xienwolfs, Promotions. From the very first turn, what I'd like to call 'generic' promotions appear over units....

I was curious if there is a fix, or for that matter if anyone else has run into this problem. I looked into just removing the MoD from the package you uploaded, Jooyoo, but I was unable to locate it at ; documents/my games/civ5/mods.
edit: as a side note, I also have 'Valkrionns economy MoD, Historic city states; the forgotten Spain, MoDs as well installed.

On a whole though I enjoy the work you've put into this. :clap:
'Valkrionns economy MoD and my modpack are incompatible because Economy mod changes also some UI elements. This promotions icons over units are from economy mod.

Hello,
install and than select CCMAT in installed mods thats all. All mods in my pack are not visible in browser but they should work. RED is enabled by default so I don't know why it don't work. Are you starting and loading your games from MODS=>SINGLE PLAYER ?

thanks for your answer ! I do start and load my games via mods - single player. I use custom maps too, could the problem come from that ?
anyway some tweaks are effective, like active city defense or some others thalassicus made (i don't remember all the names I'm at work atm ^^) but I can't figure why some mods don't apply :/

Spoiler :
'Valkrionns economy MoD and my modpack are incompatible because Economy mod changes also some UI elements. This promotions icons over units are from economy mod.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, bummer because the two mods WOULD work nice together..now to decide which to keep. :wallbash:
... or I suppose dl, all separate..anyways thanks again.
We'll just hope for a solution soon, if possible.

This is strange, but I'll do some tests.

I don't touch anything in social policy and culture :) This cost depends of map size and number of cities (also anexed but no puppet states)

I was able to start a game with large map instead (with the epic - fast production). So might have something to do with Ram (I have 4 GB Ram on a windows7 x64). Don't think it's the MOD, it's probably just the game itself.

The game eventually crashed (repeatedly) on me at turn 287 :( Reloads didn't help. No idea what caused it.

thanks for your answer ! I do start and load my games via mods - single player. I use custom maps too, could the problem come from that ?
anyway some tweaks are effective, like active city defense or some others thalassicus made (i don't remember all the names I'm at work atm ^^) but I can't figure why some mods don't apply :/
which mods doesn't work in your cause? Some mods can be enabled through config.lua file like random events, emigration, tree growth or tech diffusion. If you mean mods from "ModMods" folder so this may be a bug somewhere.

I was able to start a game with large map instead (with the epic - fast production). So might have something to do with Ram (I have 4 GB Ram on a windows7 x64). Don't think it's the MOD, it's probably just the game itself.

The game eventually crashed (repeatedly) on me at turn 287 :( Reloads didn't help. No idea what caused it.
Maybe new patch will fix those crashes. The game is very buggy. I have also experience some crashes (not repeatedly ) and it's very hard to figure whats wrong. You may try to enable logging through config.ini (in DEBUG section there is some types of log) and search in logs file any critical errors. If you want you can attach here whole Logs folder and I can may look at it.

which mods doesn't work in your cause? Some mods can be enabled through config.lua file like random events, emigration, tree growth or tech diffusion. If you mean mods from "ModMods" folder so this may be a bug somewher

For sure RED doesn't work and if I'm not wrong it is in "ModMods" folder. On the other hand when I install RED alone it works perfectly. I did reinstall CCMAT yesterday just to be sure I have the last version, and even some included mods don't apply like random events, simple 24hrs clock .. I can't tell for sure for others (still at work :rolleyes:)

On the other side I know that "great people info", "bigger worlds", "more unit info" are working well.
I don't know if it has something to do with the fact my game is a french version .. though I set the language in english.

anyway, thanks for taking time answering, really appreciate ! :)

For sure RED doesn't work and if I'm not wrong it is in "ModMods" folder. On the other hand when I install RED alone it works perfectly. I did reinstall CCMAT yesterday just to be sure I have the last version, and even some included mods don't apply like random events, simple 24hrs clock .. I can't tell for sure for others (still at work :rolleyes:)

On the other side I know that "great people info", "bigger worlds", "more unit info" are working well.
I don't know if it has something to do with the fact my game is a french version .. though I set the language in english.

anyway, thanks for taking time answering, really appreciate ! :)
This modpack should work with all languages :) If you don't have any other mods enabled I'm confused about this. In my game all this mods works. Do you have any errors in logs files?

This modpack should work with all languages :) If you don't have any other mods enabled I'm confused about this. In my game all this mods works. Do you have any errors in logs files?

I only use BTS style civilazation color which works fine by the way. Where do I check the log file ? I'm a real noob for those things ^^

Horseback Riding is never THAT far away! It's like 3 techs or so in, no? And this mod only affects possible upgrades, not goody hut upgrades. So they would have to have Horseback Riding to be allowed to upgrade to Horsemen. Are you running something else that allows easy good hut upgrades to Horsemen?

But yeah, I edited that one out of the upgrade list, not that I thought it too powerful, I thought it was too big a jump from a plain scout, and I'd rather have my scouts stay scouts.

Please read my post carefully. I play on LEGENDARY speed, which means 3000 turns! At the time when I saw the first enemy horseman I had barely researched my first technology, which took about 80 rounds! I started with Pottery so Horseback-riding needed 2 more techs (Animal husbandry, The Wheel) before I could even start the tech itself, which at the time would have took about 130 rounds!

And yes, the "Upgrade all units"-mod does affect goody hut upgrades! From the "Upgrade All Units\Units.xml":
Code:
		<Update>
			<Set GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass="UNITCLASS_HORSEMAN" />
			<Where Type="UNIT_SCOUT" />
		</Update>

--
Also, can someone confirm that the "Three Growth" mod works? I don't get any messages anymore (the stand-alone did that), so I can't say for sure. oO

I only use BTS style civilazation color which works fine by the way. Where do I check the log file ? I'm a real noob for those things ^^
Here :) : "Documents\my games\civilization 5\Logs\" BTW are your windows account has chars other than english?

Also, can someone confirm that the "Three Growth" mod works? I don't get any messages anymore (the stand-alone did that), so I can't say for sure. oO

Playing right now with latest CCMAT and yes tree growth works, but there are no messages, which is ok since it would be spammy considering how many trees are added.

Twice now new forest have grown under the feet of workers building farms. I wished there was a check made if the tile was under construction before trees where added.

Edit: Just had a forest grow inside a city hex, and while it doesnt change yield, it does change defense mod to +25%.

Here :) : "Documents\my games\civilization 5\Logs\" BTW are your windows account has chars other than english?

I looked in this folder .. I don't see something with an "error" message or something. I'm sorry I don't understand your question about my windows account ^^ It's in french, and it has no special characters if it's what you mean. Once again, thanks for the time you're taking answering me :)

Top Bottom