Comings, Goings and New Arrivals 0x0A: Hasta La Vista, or Welcome Back. I Guess it Depends...

Hey everyone!

I've been living with my mom still, got a new laptop here, whole new digital world setup here. Slowly but surely I migrated all my passwords over, as I visit my home occasionally to get it ready for some DIY upgrades we are going to be doing to it this spring.. Yeah, I know I should have a better password manager in place, one that works on multiple devices.. but I didn't really care and was happy enough to enter this new chapter in my life not having access to everything that I used to. And whatever I needed access to, I just grabbed the password next time I was back home, and that was that.

Civfanatics though.. is tied to an old email address I haven't used in forever. I thought I had tied it to a more recent email account that I use.. but nope. So for a while I thought I had 100% lost any way to access my account.

Turns out that I haven't! I was just being a bit too lazy about it. One try and I was back in my email account and could reset my civfanatics password.

long story short, I can now log in here again and post! So I will probably do that from time to time.

So I will probably do that from time to time.
Good to see you back. Bam. Out of the gate you won the "Cheer up the English" thread.

Just randomly decided to see if I could log into my old account that I haven't accessed in God knows how long... I created my profile in eighth grade, and I turn 29 later this year (good God lol). Throwing this out there just in case, but I was pretty active in the Forum Games, and IoT way back when. Might stick around, might not. Who knows lol

Last edited:
Hello and welcome back!

Hey everyone!

I've been living with my mom still, got a new laptop here, whole new digital world setup here. Slowly but surely I migrated all my passwords over, as I visit my home occasionally to get it ready for some DIY upgrades we are going to be doing to it this spring.. Yeah, I know I should have a better password manager in place, one that works on multiple devices.. but I didn't really care and was happy enough to enter this new chapter in my life not having access to everything that I used to. And whatever I needed access to, I just grabbed the password next time I was back home, and that was that.

Civfanatics though.. is tied to an old email address I haven't used in forever. I thought I had tied it to a more recent email account that I use.. but nope. So for a while I thought I had 100% lost any way to access my account.

Turns out that I haven't! I was just being a bit too lazy about it. One try and I was back in my email account and could reset my civfanatics password.

long story short, I can now log in here again and post! So I will probably do that from time to time.
Happy to see you again :)

Best of luck in the new job, Chuma!
I'd love to see any photos you have of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (if you are still doing band photos).
My son had better luck getting a job when he stopped putting down his religion as Kibology. :)
Um, I kind of got fired after the first month. Looking for a new role now.

I never got to see King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard unfortunately they were too popular at the festival was at and I could not get into the tent to photograph them even when I had a photo pass.

I'm going to ask the mods for a voluntary ban to last the next several months as I have something going on that will make me really busy studying, so I need the least distractions possible. I think I should still be able to PM people though but no posting in threads.

I'm going to ask the mods for a voluntary ban to last the next several months as I have something going on that will make me really busy studying, so I need the least distractions possible. I think I should still be able to PM people though but no posting in threads.
You'll be missed.

(and yes, I think you can still PM as long as it's a temp ban)

Wow okay so I saw CivFanatics mentioned in another site that I have started visiting lately (MafiaScum, though I've never played Mafia/Werewolf and am mostly there for the Survivor games). That prompted me to log back in to CFC for the first time in... nearly 17 years?

Last time I was online was a pretty wild time in my life, and I'm not surprised I dropped off. Anyway, I still occasionally fire up CivIV, and the Python tutorial I wrote for this site set me on a path to a software development career (though thankfully it is loooong buried). It's so weird to be back here, and I have no idea whether anyone from that time still hangs out, but just want to say, thanks.

Also, what have I missed?

Just randomly decided to see if I could log into my old account that I haven't accessed in God knows how long... I created my profile in eighth grade, and I turn 29 later this year (good God lol). Throwing this out there just in case, but I was pretty active in the Forum Games, and IoT way back when. Might stick around, might not. Who knows lol

I remember you! Either in NES of Forum Games... its your turn!

Top Bottom