Commander in Chief

Calis

on time
I want to discuss all movements (and battles) of military units in this thred to reduce the over load in the turn planning thread.

Here is my proposal for the warrior over the next four turns:

Of course special discoveries on the route can change this plan.

Looks good to me. The fourth move may be changed to East or SE. :goodjob:

I suggest we move the warrior 2S, then head SW towards the gold hill, but detour if necessary to get a good look at that city spot.

Moving the warrior onto the newly exposed hill seems like a good next move. I'm curious to see the layout of the land to the east. It's starting to look interesting.

Thoughts on cutting the warrior's exploration short at some point and returning it to the capital for MP duty?

Usually I would agree to that, but we need to find a spot in the FP area to settle, thus, I would tend to move the warrior further to the south to uncover this area.

I say we go discover the source of the _______ River (it needs a name). So, SW, S, W. I'm anticipating founding our fourth (or maybe even our third) city somewhere due south of Aerie, so I want to get a good look at that area.

Actually, I agree, we should keep the warrior exploring. Our second city will likely be producing 1spt, and would finish a warrior in 10 turns. If we send him to Aerie for MP, we can keep the other one out exploring. The sooner we meet another civ (I'm not mistaken in saying that it's 2 per continent, the more of an advantage we have over the other continent.

Actually, I agree, we should keep the warrior exploring. Our second city will likely be producing 1spt, and would finish a warrior in 10 turns. If we send him to Aerie for MP, we can keep the other one out exploring. The sooner we meet another civ (I'm not mistaken in saying that it's 2 per continent, the more of an advantage we have over the other continent.

I am not sure about that advantage. The CivForum players tend to be veeeery aggressive. So I am not sure about the possibility of co-operation with them.

I am about to send the warrior onto the hill SE of its current location to uncover some more land to the east. Any objections?

After reading the intelligence thread, I'm started to get concerned about an enemy warrior showing up and totally ruining our plans.

We know that another team produced a warrior before our turn 6. So, it could have traveled 10 tiles by now. It will take another 4 turns to settle the second city. 10 to produce the warrior. Then a few more turns to get the warrior to the capital.

Are we leaving ourselves too vulnerable for too long?

After reading the intelligence thread, I'm started to get concerned about an enemy warrior showing up and totally ruining our plans.

We know that another team produced a warrior before our turn 6. So, it could have traveled 10 tiles by now. It will take another 4 turns to settle the second city. 10 to produce the warrior. Then a few more turns to get the warrior to the capital.

Are we leaving ourselves too vulnerable for too long?

I agree that we shouldn't e so touchy-feely with the competition. They are out to win. Period.There could be a slight avantage to tlking them into a continent vs continent world battle, but they'll still want to see our charred bones as soon as we've fulfilled their needs.

I think the move that Calis has suggested will aid us in scouting the Southern approach of our neighbors. Keeping him in the South will definitely help with EvilConqueror's concern.

I agree that we shouldn't e so touchy-feely with the competition. They are out to win. Period.There could be a slight avantage to tlking them into a continent vs continent world battle, but they'll still want to see our charred bones as soon as we've fulfilled their needs.

I think the move that Calis has suggested will aid us in scouting the Southern approach of our neighbors. Keeping him in the South will definitely help with EvilConqueror's concern.

Agreed. The SE hill looks like the best move.

I would like to see the warrior move due west so we can scout out the gold hill.

I would like to see the warrior move due west so we can scout out the gold hill.

Now that we've gazed from the top of that SE hill, due West would definitely keep us in the highlands to open up th Southern fog.

I think those concerns are unfounded. Look at the map size. We aren't just generating a totally random map, so it will be a decent distance to the next civ, especially judging by the minimap. I would say our neighbor is at the very least 35 tiles away.

However, this brings up an interesting possibility. Kuche may be Zululand disguised as Germany or a likewise civ, and perhaps they have built an Impi? Does Military Service allow for this and a Camelot warrior?

I think those concerns are unfounded. Look at the map size. We aren't just generating a totally random map, so it will be a decent distance to the next civ, especially judging by the minimap. I would say our neighbor is at the very least 35 tiles away.

However, this brings up an interesting possibility. Kuche may be Zululand disguised as Germany or a likewise civ, and perhaps they have built an Impi? Does Military Service allow for this and a Camelot warrior?

:) Bowsling, go to post 34 in the Settlement Plans thread and look at the pic there. I've looked at the mini map with a magnifier and it appears our capital city is approximately 4 tiles North of the Equator. If it takes us four tiles to get to the Equator, how far past that point do you think we'll need to go before we run into the Capital city of our neihbor?

Impis are dangerous. I witnessed Chamnix tear up an opponent in a death match with a couple of them. And they can withdraw from battle when losing.

Looks possible in terms of shields. I'm not sure if Kuche could have researched Bronze Working fast enough though.

Top Bottom