Common Errors and/or Crashes Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divine Prophets & Limited Religion don't work well together :) I can still found multiple religions while already having a Holy City while Divine Prophets is active.

Hey everyone, reading about C2C made me come back to Civ IV and I must say I'm loving the mod. This is really what Civ should be! Unfortunately though, I seem to be having some problems running the revolutions component.

Whenever I enable revolutions in the game setup screen, Civ will inevitably crash at an early point in the game, usually about an hour in or so. I have been able to replicate this, although I've lost that save game. It happened again yesterday but I didn't save right before it crashed. When I have time I will try to get that savegame to the point where it crashes.

For now, I've attached my Python error log. I'm new to modding and troubleshooting Civ, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated :)

For the sake of completeness:
- Win 7, 64-bit, 4gb RAM, ATI Radeon 4850 HD.
- Tried the core.dll and other file (assets, IIRC) from the patch thread - same problem before and after.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.txt
    11 KB · Views: 35
the pythonerr2 file is not helpful, please post the pythonerr file :)

Thanks for the heads up! I see I need to enable logging for that file to be written, so I'm gonna load up that savegame I talked about and attempt to crash it.

Thanks for the heads up! I see I need to enable logging for that file to be written, so I'm gonna load up that savegame I talked about and attempt to crash it.

great, and welcome to CFC :band: by the way ;)

Divine Prophets & Limited Religion don't work well together :) I can still found multiple religions while already having a Holy City while Divine Prophets is active.

In the BUG Options screen under the C2C tab, iirc, is the Multiple Religion Spread checked or unchecked? I bet it's Checked.

And it's been reported several times that Limited in conjunction with any other Religion choice does Not play well. In fact historically from RoM thru AND to C2C Limited has Always exhibited strange behaviors.

Also remember that for the BuG Options to Stick, you have to do savegame twice. Especially so if there has been a .dll or assets change to the Mod.

JosEPh

When I did this and now go to save the Max Comp and Regular BtS Save popup is no longer there. It goes straight to the save screen like Default BtS always did. Is this supposed to happen? And when I take an Autosave and resave it's the same way.

@Koshling,
I finally got by that CTD. I repeatedly saved (at least 3 times each) both the turn before the CTD and the Turn of the CTD. I just finished the next turn after the CTD and will see how long I can keep going. (All this after I did what sleeper posted to get Autosave to save as Max C).

Hope this sheds some light on this problem.

Initially I had a neighboring War Chief and Bandit Footpad about to enter and Attack one of my mines that had a unit stationed nearby. When I went back to the previous turn to replay I moved 2 axemen on one mine hill and the nearby axe to the other mine to the east. I also brought an Explorer to defend that mine from a city to the east. On the turn that crashed the WC and BFP were attacking the mine with the 2 axe. Then the screen went black and the CTD occurred. For the next 2 attempts I kept trying to bring in More reinforcements. On the 3rd attempt the game continued with me losing an axe and the BFP being destroyed with the WC reduced to str 6. Which I captured on the next turn after losing another axe in the attempt.

Don't know if this sequence had anything to do with the cause of the crash or the eventual getting past it. Just info on what i was doing to get by it.

JosEPh

I'll take a look once I resolve the issue that is crashing Sleeeper, since I now have it tightly hemmed in (it can't be the same cause as yours though, since you don't have that code in the versions you are running).

No dialog is correct behaviour on the save - it doesn't need to ask since you have asserted in the XML to always use max compat

I'll take a look once I resolve the issue that is crashing Sleeeper, since I now have it tightly hemmed in (it can't be the same cause as yours though, since you don't have that code in the versions you are running).

No dialog is correct behaviour on the save - it doesn't need to ask since you have asserted in the XML to always use max compat

Thank you for the info on Max C and for looking into the CTD. :)

JosEPh

Well, I re-downloaded C2C, unZipped (7z) to separate folder and copy pasted into BTS/Mods. Still unable to communicate with the other leaders. Another Win7 64 person said their game runs fine. So I am at a loss. Must have something to do with my game set up but can't imagine what. Why should other mods run correctly and this one not.

I am going to attempt to attach a save here, but, I fully expect that you (collectively) will be able to run it as designed.

I thank all of you that have tried to help.

Buck

Well, I re-downloaded C2C, unZipped (7z) to separate folder and copy pasted into BTS/Mods. Still unable to communicate with the other leaders. Another Win7 64 person said their game runs fine. So I am at a loss. Must have something to do with my game set up but can't imagine what. Why should other mods run correctly and this one not.

I am going to attempt to attach a save here, but, I fully expect that you (collectively) will be able to run it as designed.

I thank all of you that have tried to help.

Buck

Did you wipe out your cache folder for the game?

BTW: I have Win 7 64b. For new versions whether SVN or official, I completely erase the old "Caveman2Cosmos" folder and then put the new one in. I had issues before when I didn't do that.

It has been two days and 14 hours since my last game of C2C. I even thought of moving to another mod.

Hey hey hey, dont talk that garbage around this mod.:sniper::joke:

I'll try that, but it's inconsistent with what Joseph reported.

Edit - ok, I have confirmed what you say. I am currently backing out chnages in that revision one by one until I pin it down.

Found and fixed (phew!).

@Sleeeper & DH: please check LATEST SVN now solves your crashes.

@DH & Joseph: since Joseph never had this code anyway it cannot be his problem. Furtehrmore since his problem vanished when he took out the asset patches DH posted there is probably something in them either causing, or indirectly triggering his issue. Could I ask you two to work together to try experimenting with removing aspects of that asset patch bit by bit until Joseph no longer crashes (or since he has now removed them adding them back bit by bit until he does)

@Joseph: The latest save game you posted runs fine for 10 turns following that point for me, so most likely the issue you're hitting is fixed in the latest SVN. Since V18 is only about a week away I suggest you keep hold of the save and verify it loads and runs ok once you get V18. If it still crashes at that point let me know and we'll go back to trying to get to the bottom of it.

In the BUG Options screen under the C2C tab, iirc, is the Multiple Religion Spread checked or unchecked? I bet it's Checked.

And it's been reported several times that Limited in conjunction with any other Religion choice does Not play well. In fact historically from RoM thru AND to C2C Limited has Always exhibited strange behaviors.

Gotcha. Not really a big deal, it'll just make religious wars a little more messy when going for religious victory ;) Just wanted to make sure it was known.

I do have Multiple Religion Spread selected.

I captured two slaves from another civ, took them back to my area, upgraded them to tomahawk throwers. They do not have the experience indicator like other units. In addition, if they attack anything, they disappear (even when successful in killing the other unit).

This save has the two units in enemy area, with a warlord and my main promoted guy. You can attack anything nearby with the ones that don't have massive promotions, those are the two slaves upgraded.

Attachments

• Curt BC-8480.rar
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 21
I captured two slaves from another civ, took them back to my area, upgraded them to tomahawk throwers. They do not have the experience indicator like other units. In addition, if they attack anything, they disappear (even when successful in killing the other unit).

This save has the two units in enemy area, with a warlord and my main promoted guy. You can attack anything nearby with the ones that don't have massive promotions, those are the two slaves upgraded.

That is very correct: See thread on Slavery units; thx

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=336469

Found and fixed (phew!).

@Sleeeper & DH: please check LATEST SVN now solves your crashes.
:woohoo:
Confirmed, works flawlessly. Thanks a lot!

2 more things to fill the post:
Adventurer unit. As it acts as transport through land, one Adventurer can be loaded onto another (they make towers? :) )

When using subdued gorilla to make governor's stuff buildings, messages is shown up about missing sounds.

Found and fixed (phew!).

@DH & Joseph: since Joseph never had this code anyway it cannot be his problem. Furtehrmore since his problem vanished when he took out the asset patches DH posted there is probably something in them either causing, or indirectly triggering his issue. Could I ask you two to work together to try experimenting with removing aspects of that asset patch bit by bit until Joseph no longer crashes (or since he has now removed them adding them back bit by bit until he does)

Excellent, downloading now.

The assets in the patch are the same as in the SVN. however since I did them quickly I will look at them again.

:woohoo:
Confirmed, works flawlessly. Thanks a lot!

2 more things to fill the post:
Adventurer unit. As it acts as transport through land, one Adventurer can be loaded onto another (they make towers? :) )

When using subdued gorilla to make governor's stuff buildings, messages is shown up about missing sounds.

The gorilla sound problem is probably a spelling error on my part when I was getting rid of the definition errors for the sounds. When i get the new dll down I will hunt it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom