[BTS] Communist.gamespy ?

pete williams

Chieftain
Had to reload 'Beyond the Sword' after a glitch ( kept crashing to desktop), and installed the program 'Communist.gamespy' that was piggybacked with the game.
Before filling my personal details into the online form and signing up, i read the 'terms and conditions ' and noticed that,
unless you live in California, there is not a 'opt-out' preventing (Firaxis ?) selling your personal details to third parties.
Unless i have hold of 'the wrong end of the stick', i was under the impression that this practice is subject to personal choice and as i do not live in califiornia, yet alone the united states, I do not want my personal details spread far and wide, i had no option other than NOT signing up.

Gamespy was the old MP host. (Never heard of communist gamespy though). Anyway, Gamespy shutdown a few years ago, so that program is irrelevant. I assume you are using disks, but it's been like over 13 years since I've used disks for IV that I don't remember any of this stuff. You would not encounter any of this with a digital version, but I assume you can just ignore whatever this is entirely or remove it.

edit: ah..I think you meant Gamespy Comrade. An old gaming app for messaging. I did not realize that came with IV originally.

Top Bottom