Communitas on linux

gfurst

Warlord
Has anyone tried and worked this?
Well I have, and it seems the Ui gets broken, map generated correctly but, in game windows appear missing, can't move unit and other caveats.
Basically makes the game unplayable.

Similar experience with these guys.

Anyway, just wondering if you guys are aware of this, and if may be fixable.

It looks like you may be on your own with this.

I notice from your other postings you are using the new linux port of the game engine. That immediately nerfs my first suggestion as I was going to ask how your 'WINE' setup is.

Since it comes down to the file-system differences, case-sensitive or not, the only resort I think you have is to do a project wide find/replace and convert all the files to lowercase. However I have no idea what that might do to the functionality of the lua.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help.:(

It is indeed just a case-sensitivity problem. Follow the these instructions (from http://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/discussions/0/540744299996631016/)

sudo apt-get install ciopfs
cd ~/.local/share/Aspyr/Sid Meier's\ Civilization\ 5
mkdir .MODS
rm -r MODS/*
ciopfs .MODS MODS

You can install some mods now and test.
Later you can add this line to /etc/fstab so it will mount at boot, remember to change "myuser" to your actual username:

/home/myuser/.local/share/Aspyr/Sid\040Meier's\040Civilization\0405/.MODS /home/myuser/.local/share/Aspyr/Sid\040Meier's\040Civilization\0405/MODS ciopfs allow_other,default_permissions,use_ino,attr_timeout=0 0 0

ciopfs is basically a userspace case insensitive filesystem and will probably fix about 90% of the problems with mods on linux.

I've added the above link to the reddit page as well...

I followed the ciopfs method above using the files downloaded from Steam. Despite loading up ok initially the AI & Tools Mod was giving me random crashes.

Thought people would like to know that the classic branch of the mod (link below) works swimmingly :D (Well for my use which is AI & Tools with CepMap)

https://github.com/Thalassicus/cep-bnw/tree/classic

Unfortunately you have to have access to a windows PC to build the package before you can install them properly on linux. I'm happy to supply my version of the package file to those who operate a Windoze free existence.

I'm happy to supply my version of the package file to those who operate a Windoze free existence.

That would be very kind of you! I've had no luck making the steam version work, and have no Windows to try this out with.

Out of curiosity: Has anyone actually tried reporting the bugs with the Linux version, or is there some fundamental limitation that makes this a moot exercise?

Top Bottom