Community Patch Events Development

Can you create generic set of events for new civs. Event crappy events like getting random great person, +2 hammers to all mines, +2 faith to strategic resources, whatever. Right now playing with events enebled as an extra civ (papal state, sumer) is somewhat crippling if everyone gets great person at 60 pop, but you don't.

Can confirm it's not working while in a modpack, even in single player. Not even normal events work.

EDIT: Actually it doesn't seem to work even when loaded as a mod. It became a normal game without events for me.

Last edited:
Found a funny bug, the 1st and 4th choices of the Cool Summer event (Xony\Misc) have a negative cost and thus give an instant production bonus at no cost.

Is this mod mod still in development? Danish event that gives a Guerrilla unit in every city, that have about 15 CS more than Fusiliers that you already have, seems op to me. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/denmark.562171/page-7#post-15227109
I don't think it is, there is plenty of bugs and imbalances and nothing is being done about it. I suggest adjusting everything yourself in notepad, it's not that hard. However, if you don't know Civ5 coding, you can only adjust numbers instead of creating your own decisions.

Editing files is not a problem, but I would have to design changes. That's hard and mundane for me, so in that case it's just better to disable events. They create more chaos and imbalances than value that you get from them, so they are not really worth it.
BTW, if it's so buggy and imbalanced then why is it marked as good, recommended stuff on this page? https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vox-populi-mod-list.635383/

Well, they are not bugs that will crash your game. More like bugs that cause severe imbalance. Like Armory in ancient era or great person at 30 population total.

Dear Enginseer, forgive me for being a bit of a noob here (I lurk a lot, but rarely post), but I was wondering how to install the recent fixes and updates. I noticed that the subscription from Steam hasn't been updated since last year, but from the activity going on in this thread, it seems that development is still rather active, and updates have still been coming about. I've checked the Github links, but I'm not sure how to download or install from there either.

If someone is willing to help me, I would be very appreciative.

Well I only need 2 more days(and if people know what my time is relative to present time, it should be probably close)... crime nonetheless is still addressed as distress(code-wise).

If this page is finished, then you should probably know it is being very close to finished.

It's also essentially the final changelog since the page will be the information giver and not the UI(this was driving me nuts trying to update 4 documentation for 1 change).

Civ Event Process Bar: (4 -> 8 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 17 -> 18/43 -> 24/43 -> 26/43 -> 29/43 -> 36/43 -> 41/43)
Apostolic Tradition fix.
Ceremonial Burial fix.
Council of Elder fix.
Theocratic Rule fix.
Way of the Pilgrim fix.
Way of Transcendence fix.
Natural Wonder events less likely to occur.
Fixed Peace, Land, Bread bug with Wheat.
Added a Dissolution Event which concerns when you pick a certain policy...
Added Renaissance Event which occurs in a certain policy.
Reworked some of the events that gave units for every city to now static units in the Capital.
Reworked Advisor Events (again).
Removed Ideology Events until further notice.

Last edited:
Enginseer. Could decisions be added that are connected to city state types? Like Being allies for example 10-15 turns with an cultural city state gives you an Great Work of art,music or writting? Or Being ally with a military city state you can make decision to get 2 Unique units they prpvide? It could be connected to having the same religion besides Being allies.

Enginseer. Could decisions be added that are connected to city state types? Like Being allies for example 10-15 turns with an cultural city state gives you an Great Work of art,music or writting? Or Being ally with a military city state you can make decision to get 2 Unique units they prpvide? It could be connected to having the same religion besides Being allies.
Soon. I'll be reworking CBP E&D to have a nicer cleaner engine.

Can I ask how to solve the invasive species event? It says it "until a solution can be found" is that just another random event? I don't really mind the event, but I would like to know how if it could be solved with another event or if this is just false hope, given by the event.

Can I ask how to solve the invasive species event? It says it "until a solution can be found" is that just another random event? I don't really mind the event, but I would like to know how if it could be solved with another event or if this is just false hope, given by the event.
It is curable, but it is way too late into the era (build a medical lab, research nanotechnology, or nuclear fission...) I'm going to move the tech prerequisites a little earlier to the Industrial Era...

How's this update coming-along? Also are there any tutorials on creating events? I can look into the XML file and edit some basic things, but I'd like to dive deeper if possible.

Top Bottom