Community Patch - How To Install

God is there an easier way to install these. I have tried to install this mod 4 times in a row now and have not been able to get the building menu to work. so can't get out of the first turn.

I admit I have made a couple of mistakes along the way that I have decided to redo the whole install from top to bottom. But still cant get it to work.

edit: Got it I think.

God is there an easier way to install these. I have tried to install this mod 4 times in a row now and have not been able to get the building menu to work. so can't get out of the first turn.

I admit I have made a couple of mistakes along the way that I have decided to redo the whole install from top to bottom. But still cant get it to work.

Any idea what would cause the city build menu to not work?

Are you putting EUI in the DLC folder? The install is not that complicated, is it?

Put CP+CBP+CSD+C4DF+CBP-EUI Compatibility in your MODS folder.

Delete the LUA folders in CP and CBP and place EUI in your DLC folder.

Clear cache, start game, enjoy!
G

The OP mentions Trade Routes and Enhancements being compatible. Does this mean the .dll file in the Community Patch supports Whowards pick n' mix mods?

First of all many thanx for this, I think great improvement for my most favorite game(all civs) ever.

But I'm a little confused about how to run together with EUI

Is it right when I want use CP CBP CSD C4DF and more luxuries together with bc1 EUI that I not need bc1's EUI original but the EUI (CBP version) together with CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version) instead?

Or need I to overwrite the original bc1 EUI?

Or only need bc1 EUI together with CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version)?

Please some advice on this.

Ty in advance.

First of all many thanx for this, I think great improvement for my most favorite game(all civs) ever.

But I'm a little confused about how to run together with EUI

Is it right when I want use CP CBP CSD C4DF and more luxuries together with bc1 EUI that I not need bc1's EUI original but the EUI (CBP version) together with CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version) instead?

Or need I to overwrite the original bc1 EUI?

Or only need bc1 EUI together with CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version)?

Please some advice on this.

Ty in advance.

Use the EUI posted here. Don't overwrite anything.
G

Got a quick question..

Just really interested in CP and CBP for now. In reading all the info it says that the "Communitas Map script" is included within CBP.

When I start a game with the CP and CBP mod active, I don't see an option to pick the Communitas Map in the game setup, is it something I have to download separately still? (As seeing the Included within CBP is throwing me off on whether or not it should be downloaded, heh)

Since I'm only using CP and CBP, I've only deleted the LUA within CP, thus not sure if there's anything else I have to do.

thanks

Got a quick question..

Just really interested in CP and CBP for now. In reading all the info it says that the "Communitas Map script" is included within CBP.

When I start a game with the CP and CBP mod active, I don't see an option to pick the Communitas Map in the game setup, is it something I have to download separately still? (As seeing the Included within CBP is throwing me off on whether or not it should be downloaded, heh)

Since I'm only using CP and CBP, I've only deleted the LUA within CP, thus not sure if there's anything else I have to do.

thanks

Looks like the code for communitas was ripped out of 5/2 version - will fix for small hotfix update I'm posting shortly.
G

So, I've got a weird error going on. For some reason, none of the new diplomacy features from Civ IV Diplo are showing up in my game. Tested with only the Community Patch, CSD, Civ IV Diplo, and Ingame Editor installed. Cleared my cache and everything. Any idea what could be going on?

This is with the newest files, by the way.

So, I've got a weird error going on. For some reason, none of the new diplomacy features from Civ IV Diplo are showing up in my game. Tested with only the Community Patch, CSD, Civ IV Diplo, and Ingame Editor installed. Cleared my cache and everything. Any idea what could be going on?

This is with the newest files, by the way.

Did you delete the LUA folders in CP and CBP?
G

I'm actually not using the CBP, but I went ahead and tried deleting the LUA folder in the CP. Didn't work, still no Civ IV Diplo options.

Oh, you can't use this mod's version of C4DF without CBP. Sorry. That's in the instructions.

I removed all of the lua from the C4DF version here for compatibility. You'll need to use the 'real' versions of C4DF and CSD with their DLLs removed.

G

Odd, I was using them before without CBP. Must've been different with the 3-15 versions.

All well, I'll snag CBP then. Thanks for the quick responses.

Odd, I was using them before without CBP. Must've been different with the 3-15 versions.

All well, I'll snag CBP then. Thanks for the quick responses.

Yep. I recommend it, honestly, and not just because I'm the designer. There are only a few small quibbles left to fix in the CBP (none of which are inherently game-breaking), so I'm much more comfortable recommending it now. CBP adds a bunch of new things, to be sure, but the overall civ balance is quite a bit better than with just BNW.

G

I wasn't thinking, sorry. It was late. You don't actually need any of the files in the 'compatibility file' for CP + C4DF + CSD, as you actually just need to use the 'real' versions of both CSD and C4DF (removing their DLLs, of course).

G

As it happens, this answers my question, which no one acknowledged.

If there is not some other attempt to mechanize the dependency determination, I can proceed with drawing a flowchart.

As it happens, this answers my question, which no one acknowledged.

If there is not some other attempt to mechanize the dependency determination, I can proceed with drawing a flowchart.

Sorry, didn't see your earlier question. I hope to sit down soon and figure out a more...elegant method of dealing with mod installation flow. I'm also going to update CSD (base CSD) to make sure the GD spam is no longer an issue (is simply a missing XML file).

G

Top Bottom