Community Patch - How To Install

Hello Guys, I just want to make sure I installed the MOD correctly. On the first page of this thread it says:

"......You will be asked to choose your preferred installation during the installation process, so please make sure to read all instructions!... "

However, when I installed it, there was no option to choose which components I want to include. I can only tick them off when I start the game itself, after I click on MODs menu. Is it normal?

No, this is about the installation process itself. When you run the autoinstaller.exe you will be prompted if you want Full VP with EUI, Only CP or other options.

Once the mod is installed, you are not supposed to "choose" anything. After going to the MODS for the first time, you have to activate ALL VP components installed (they will differ based on the install option you chose during the installation).

Hey, when ever I use the mod it only generates all types resources around the capital cities. Is this intentional or a possible bug/mod conflict?

Hey, when ever I use the mod it only generates all types resources around the capital cities. Is this intentional or a possible bug/mod conflict?
Definitely not intended. Try without any other mods first.

Never played this mod before, I tried booting it up, and I'm getting issues as seen in the screenshots below.

I'm not using any other mods btw.

How can I fix this?

Attachments

• 1..jpg
    1..jpg
    948.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 2..jpg
    2..jpg
    784 KB · Views: 318
Never played this mod before, I tried booting it up, and I'm getting issues as seen in the screenshots below.

I'm not using any other mods btw.

How can I fix this?
It seems that EUI landed in a wrong location (I suppose you chose the EUI version of Vox Populi during the install?).

Unfortunately the autoinstaller puts the EUI into a standard / default location:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meyers Civ5/Assets/DLC/

If you installed Steam / Civ5 somewhere else, then the game will not find the EUI and the compatibility components will cause the glitches you describe in your post.

You have to manually move the UI_bc1 folder from the above (wrong) default location to the DLC folder in the correct location where you installed Steam / Civ5.

Hi Everyone!

I actually have installed CIV V with all DLC and also the Vox Populi MOD. Everything seems to be OK, but, i have 2 annoying little problems. Could you help me, please?

1) I have to activate "Quick combat for single player " in each turn in my game. Each turn is disabled when i check it although i enable it --> This is so annoying....

2) The Sociall politics are not the same than in the comnetary. I mean. I can read one of them, but when i choose it, i have not the results that i expected. For example. The first in liberty is not the Colono one, and even the worker one...

Best regards to everyone.

@mvegaca ,

Re 1) That's strange. Have you tried the QuickTurns mod (which intelligently turns animations off for non-hostile AI units)? I am little bit worried that there may be other problems on top of Quick combat resetting every turn though ...

Re 2) This typically happens when your game is not in English. For example, you should see "Progress" instead of "Liberty" in VP. VP has been partially translated by some users to other languages (you can search the forum for your language), but I'd say the safest way is switching your Civ5 to English (I think you can do it when you open the game settings in Steam Workshop).

Knowledge is power, my friend jejejeje

1) I already downlodes WUICturns Mods and seems to be good now. At least, barbarians combat are quick, so...

2) I already change the language configuring onto english. I´m going to start a new game and will check the socials politics.

Thank you very much! If I have any other issue i´ll try to inform you.

Glad to help. Re 1) I am not familiar with WUICturns, but great if it solved your problem. Re 2), yeah, check if Liberty is called Progress and Honor becomes Authority. If they do, you should be good.

Happy gaming!

SLGray I think this was a properly install issue. We have fixed it reinstalling again the game.

Sorry if we disturbed.

Is this mod working simply using the Steam workshop and not the page 1 installer ? It looks like I'm missing a lot of new features ingame.
If you mean the whole Vox Populi mod, then no, it cannot be uploaded to Steam. If you installed the (outdated) Community Patch from Steam, delete it, make sure that you are not subscribed to Community Patch, More Luxuries or Civ4 diplomacy on Steam and reinstall from the autoinstaller from the stickied install thread here.

Oh ok tks... makes sense now.
I've unsuscribed, deleted mods folder content, cleared the cache.
I've Ré-installed using the .exe only (the "with EUI" install)
Looks better but now I get some UI bugs on start, "unable to load texture [DC45_DiplmayOverview.dds]". -- will have to not use this feature for now. Rest is fine.

Last edited:
Oh, this typically happens when you choose the version with EUI (the popular upgraded user interface, which is installed as a faux DLC into the DLCs folder of the game directly) and your Steam / Civ5 is in a non-standard location. Sadly, the current autoinstaller does not detect the Civ5 location correctly, creates the default folder structure on drive C and puts EUI there and then the game does not pick it up. You have to move the UI_bc1 folder from the default = wrong location to your correct = non-standard one. I am on my cell now, but if you check a page or 2 back, I am explaining it to another user with the whole folder structure. Or I will add it when I am on my computer later today.

Your EUI is landing in a wrong destination. If your Steam/Civ5 folder is not in the standard C:/Program Files/ etc. folder, the autoinstaller may not detect it properly = it will newly create the default folder structure on C:/

Locate the EUI in the wrong (= default) destination (C:/Program Files/steamapps/ etc. - on a mobile, cannot check the exact path now). Its folder is called ui_bc1 and is inside DLCs.

Then move it to the DLCs folder in your correct (= non-default) Civ5 installation.

Tks man, it worked indeed. My install was not on C, as you guessed. Very easy.
One last stupid question.... is it multiplayer compatible ? When executing the mod, I've got only the singleplayer option available.

Glad you made it work! ;-)

In general, Civ5 mods cannot be played in multiplayer mode. But there is a way - the same way the EUI does it - the faux DLC way. I have never done it myself, but you can either build your own modpack (try searching for Civ5 MPMPM) or you can use one of the ones Vox Populi fans and members of the community make here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dlc-modpack-repository.609278/

Just check what mods they include as sometimes they add some more on top of VP. It seems that events make the multiplayer modpacks unstable, so don't forget to turn them off. Also, I believe turning the barbarians off decreases the frequency of desyncs. It looks like some people get quite a stable experience, while others get desyncs a lot. But I am no expert on this, you will find/get more information on the linked thread.

Top Bottom