Compilation of all scenario choices (?)

Matzerg

Chieftain
I played the FFH2 scenarios back when they came out (needless to say I enjoyed them very much ^^) and replayed several of them during the last weeks. Sadly playing all scenarios with all possible outcomes would take more time than I have right now, so I hope someone can help me with my curiosity:

I wondered how many decisions there are during all the scenarios and what all their results / implications are.
If there already is a list it would give me a quick answer to sate my curiosity - if not I would be happy for help to compile such a list.

(Spoilers ahead)

For example I know of 2 decisions in "Fall of Cuantine". One will determine if you join the calabim or malakim. The other is about your reaction to Rosier's "mishap" (harsh or more kindly). While the result of the 1st decision is clear, I am still wonderng about the implication of the 2nd.

Another example would be "Splintered Court". The side you lead to victory will be the one that helps you in "The Black Tower" - but only if you complete "Splintered Court" first. Also making a shortsighted pact with Duin in exchange for Amelanchier will get back at you when you face Amelanchier as an additional foe in "Mulcarn Reborn". Handing Thessa over to the calabim had no "ingame"-effect as far as I know.
The exact outcome from leading the Ljiosofar to victory would be interesting too :)

Or does the order in which you defeat your enemies in "Wages of Sin" have any impact on the story? Or why were the Lanum placed differently when I replayed "Mulcarn Reborn" - does it depend on Decius path (calabim/malakim) or was the scenario just redesigned like the Momus? Questions, questions :confused: :D

I'm thinking that the scenarios were never completely finished, and that some trophies were meant to do more than they actually do.

I am pretty sure that how you treat Rosier is suppose to effect the text that gets displayed when Rosier the Fallen appears in The Wages of Sin scenario, but looking at the code it does not appear to have any actual effect.

I don't believe that there is any difference based on the order in which you defeat your enemies in the Wages of Sin.

(There is actually text for another Talia popup that is never shown in the game. I suspect that originally Kael may have intended to require defeating all of your enemies.)

Giving Volanna to Duin makes her appear as a Doviello leaders on the side of Auric too, just like with Amelanchier. If you've played the scenario as both elven leaders then they can both appear in Mulcarn Reborn, and both the Svartalfar and Ljosalfar may go to help Falamar in The Black Tower.

Searching the code, I can find no effect of giving either Thessa or Rivanna to Alexis.

In the Splintered Court scenario the Parith event allows you to hire Parith to recruit help from outside the Umbrawood. This sets a trophy tat makes it so that if you save that game and play another game, you can get an associated Parith event that lets you choose to send a unit to the Umbrawood. You loose the unit in that game, but if you return to your save of the Splintered Court scenario then you get a follow up event that gives you that unit. I have heard of (and I think seen a screen shot of too) one case where Faeryl managed to get Eurabatres the Gold Dragon to join her and crush the Ljosalfar.

Mulcarn Reborn was updated at one point. The first time I played the sceario, both Amelanchier and Volanna of the Doviello had their capital cities located on Ocean tiles. Falamar may have been moved to make room for them on land.

Top Bottom