"Completed By an Unknown Civ"... after World Congress established

earthwulf

Warlord
So I got to Printing Press, sailed to world, discovered all of the civs and Tah-Dah! Got the World Congress. (Prince/Standard/Large map)

WC happens a couple of times... when "An Unknown Civilization has Completed the Uffezi".

Um. Ok. No Civs have been brought back to life. I send scouts & ships around again...
nothing new. Two or three more WCs pass, and "An Unknown Civ has Completed the Notre Dame"

... wait, what?

No idea what happened there. It was strange, at best.

Yes, if you haven't discovered the city that the wonder was built in, it will still say "in a land far away". I just encountered this, I was testing a mod and played duel, so I already had met the other civ and located 2 of its cities. Sure enough "the Great Lighthouse has been built in a land far away", the next turn I moved in range to reveal the 3rd city, and there it [the great lighthouse] was on the coastline.

Ah... thanks. That's kinda... strange. You'd think if you met the Civ already, they'd wanna be all up in your face about it: "Yeah, son, I just dropped the Notre Dame like it's hot. What you gonna do?"

If you know the Civ, it should be announced properly. Also, if you met the Civ and have not seen the city, then at least it should say that Leader X put the wonder, but he's not telling you where.

You can always double check this through the Global Politics screen -- if you've met the civ that built a wonder, it will show up next to their name, regardless of what city they built it in.

Top Bottom