Comprehensive Spell Guide?

Yoadm

Warlord
About a year ago, there appeared a thread with a list of all spells in FFHII, according to the different nodes/religions/etc.. which was easy to use and helpefull in chosing which mana node we would like. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find anything akin to it, apart from simple spell listings. Anyone know where one can find such a spell guide?

Thanks!

Yoad

Wow, thanks, this includes much of what I was looking for. Im not too sure, since I didnt play the game in close to a year, but I seem to remember that priests and mages get different spells per each node. Lets say I build a fire node, then my priests get a different fire-spell-tree (levels 1-2-3) compared to mages. Is that correct, or are there only 3 spells per mana source?

I seem to remember that priests and mages get different spells per each node. Lets say I build a fire node, then my priests get a different fire-spell-tree (levels 1-2-3) compared to mages. Is that correct, or are there only 3 spells per mana source?

Yes there are two spellcasting trees, divine (for priests, druids, etc.) and arcane for mages. The divine spellcasters are more limited than arcane (less options in spheres) but divine casters don't require nodes to be built as they already start with the required sphere promotion for their casting.

Yes there are two spellcasting trees, divine (for priests, druids, etc.) and arcane for mages. The divine spellcasters are more limited than arcane (less options in spheres) but divine casters don't require nodes to be built as they already start with the required sphere promotion for their casting.

So basically any additional nodes dont give my divine units any bonuses? Secondly, is there any thread where divine-tree is presented?

So basically any additional nodes dont give my divine units any bonuses? Secondly, is there any thread where divine-tree is presented?

There are divine casting units with mana affinity (Druids I think) and summons with mana affinity (Ice elementals) so they can benefit from additional nodes, they just don't have the flexibility to learn from other spheres as arcane units do. An example is a priest of leaves from the FoL religion can cast bloom and summon tiger which are divine-only but the priest of leaves is unable to learn any other spells.

I don't know of any divine-tree threads but the FFH2 manual by Xienwolf contains information - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265888

There are divine casting units with mana affinity (Druids I think) and summons with mana affinity (Ice elementals) so they can benefit from additional nodes, they just don't have the flexibility to learn from other spheres as arcane units do. An example is a priest of leaves from the FoL religion can cast bloom and summon tiger which are divine-only but the priest of leaves is unable to learn any other spells.

I don't know of any divine-tree threads but the FFH2 manual by Xienwolf contains information - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265888

Ok, this leads me to three questions (and sorry if Im overdoing it):

1: How can adittional nodes affect divine? To my recollection, more of the same nodes can be simply used for trade (or in case of spirit and earth, for additional bonuses other than spells).
2: What bonuses in spells do divine units have, that their Arcane counterparts dont? Do they even have any?
3: Is there any other caster catagory other than divine and arcane?

Again, thanks for the patience!

Apart from affinity and indirect benefits (promotion buffs, spells tought by Govannon) from arcane units, mana doesn't' matter to disciples. They don't get free mana based promotions or anything.

Divine units have their own set of spells, depending on the religion. Some of these (like Crown of Brillance) are quite powerful. Some divine units (Heroes, Druids) also have access to arcane spells from specific spheres. These start with the first level when you build them, and can get higher levels without mana.

Divine units can get most of the promotions that melee or mounted could get, while arcane can't.

The Altars of the Luonnatar can provide a lot of free xp for disciples. The Dies Diei and Desert Shrine provide some too.

Generally, Divine units (especially the late game ones) have higher base strength.

There isn't another specific category, but several units have their own special spells. Some civ/religious UUs (like Vampires and Radiant Guards) aren't of either class but still have acess to divine spells. Govannon can train the first level of several spheres of magic to any living non-animal, non-bird unit.

Wow, thanks, this includes much of what I was looking for. Im not too sure, since I didnt play the game in close to a year, but I seem to remember that priests and mages get different spells per each node. Lets say I build a fire node, then my priests get a different fire-spell-tree (levels 1-2-3) compared to mages. Is that correct, or are there only 3 spells per mana source?

I've updated the chart to show Arcane / Divine which includes the 7 standard religions (at least those spells for Priests / High Priests)

Will also look to update it to include the White Hand/updated the Ice section (which I vaguely recall is short in detail on the strength of an Ice Elemental)

Top Bottom